Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Best performance parts

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  ol_Blue97 
#1 ·
I have a 1994.5 psd And I can't find good aftermarket performance parts most importantly a good turbo. I need a good supplier where I can get everything for a competitive price. Help please??

#2 ·
what are you looking for?
we have lots of great vendors who are sponsors of the site.
as for turbo, there are a few direct replacements but on the OBS until you upgrade a bunch of other stuff you don't really need to upgrade your turbo.

#4 ·
How are you searching for parts on your truck... if u use 94.5 or 94 u will find nothing. Try using 95 and see what happens

#5 ·
Yes I intend to put stage 3 injectors, straight pipe, an inter cooler,a three inch down pipe, a tw 6 position and an aftermarket turbo because everything I see about stock turbos says 450 horse power is about all it can handle without overspeeding the empeller which can be dangerous. Also what other aftermarket performance parts would be good because I want to push close to 600 or more horspower

#6 ·
a true 600rwhp is going to be expensive, on top of youre mod list youll definately need a bigger fuel system and would require a full engine build with aftermarket rods (to be reliable), dual or a big HPOP, cam, head work, studs, the list goes on.

#7 ·
Yes sir I know it's gonna be a big bill I just need to know where I can find all those parts and that are good quality also. This truck belonged to a very good friend of mine and he died last January so just a little over a year ago now and I want it to be one of the nastiest trucks around in his memory. I plan on doing all the things you mentioned I just don't know a good supplier for them.

#8 ·
That is awesome! :)

#9 ·
Injectors-- full force, swamps, rosewood

Hpop-- terminator, srp1.1, adrenaline

Fuel system-- Marty's diesel

IDM -- get the HFHV idm from swamps

Intercooler-- banks, or get a SD (aftermarket or stock) intercooler with custom pipes

Camshaft-- gearhead (if u want to go this far)

Head studs-- ARP or H11

Fire ring headgaskets -- carsons, they can also do port and polished heads

Aftermarket pushrods and upgraded valvesprings

Turbo-- get a T4 mount kit form Irate diesel and a turbo to match your injectors form him. He will aslo make custom pipes to fit your needs

6 pos chip--- tuner of your choice, PHP, Gearhead, Swamps, Tony Wildman..

For 600hp id do aftermarket rods and half a block fill, stock fordged rods are maxed at 550. Or just let er rip and keep a spare motor around to to build incase, may be cheaper this way.

#16 ·
Chip is going to be the best bang for your buck, after the injectors with tuning will be, then turbo.

If you are keeping a performance budget of under 1000$ then you will probably have to stay with just a chip, exhaust, intake ect. If you can spend a little more, injectors (~1000-1500) make a huge difference.

#17 ·
Thanks for the advice! I'm getting turbo back stacks off a friend and ill have to order an intake but ill check out that tuner (would that tuner do good off the shelf or would custom tunes be the right choice?) And could you recommend specific injectors by chance that definitely would be fun .....and I know they dont have the ****ty head studs and HG's the 6.0s have but should I still worry about the head gaskets?

#19 ·
Depending on the size of your injectors yes and no. Stage1 injectors dont require a fuel system... BUT.... i would highly recomend it and if you dont, i would check your fuel pressure at WOT to be sure it stays in specs. Low fuel pressure will destroy your injectors.

As for the hpop, just check your pressure after install., low pressure will not damage anything but performance. A stock 17* super duty pump will support stage1s and 2s just fine, and even 200/30, hybrids, but a performance t500 HPOP isnt much more so why not. Your stack 15* may or may not hold stage1s depending on how healthy it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.