Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Update, 1000 miles on new injectors

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  csdwarf11 
#1 ·
Hey guys! I got new injectors last month, Love them. All I can say is wow, when people say its a completely different truck they aren't joking. I am having a few little problems though, Minor issues really.

First, when i'm on any tune except stock the pedal is very very touchy, the smallest amount of pedal seems like too much in low traction conditions. The stock tune feels much more controllable, but obviously is lacking the power. So I just switch the tune! problem solved :), just wondering If im missing something and there is another fix. Also, RPMS seem to raise in between shifts, something that didn't used to happen. Like RPM goes up after Im already off the pedal.

Second is Im getting a hesitation, I thought it was my transmission screwing up at first, but It does it in every gear. Its not the clutch slipping, its just a loss of power. When your in the throttle around 2000-2300 it will loose power(just for a split second, like a jolt), then if you stay into the fuel pedal, it comes out of it and keeps pulling.

Not getting any check engines lights or anything, I was thinking not enough HPO? but it seems to come out of it.

Fuel pressure is good. Im thinking it might be my tuning. Jim sent my chip out to be tuned, hadn't heard of the place before but I figured Id give it a shot. No Limit Tuning or something? I might have to send it out to tw if thats my issue. Its not a big deal, jim did a great job on my injectors SUPER happy, would recommend to anyone!

:) thanks everyone

See less See more
#3 ·
Yup, supposedly
:p de tuned to stage ones also btw.

#4 ·
i have the same "jolt" on my new truck i assume it is in the tuning (chip was in the truck and i don't know who's tunes), but i don't know. with TW my throttle is a little sensitive but i have learned to live with it

#5 ·
Yeah, I just got home and I was messing around trying to diagnose it. It seems almost like the abruptness of the tuning is just amplifying a slop somewhere in the drive train.

Because assuming the drivetrain was 100% tight I wouldn't have this transfer type jolt.

Both your trucks are manuals right Terry? when the weather warms up ill go out and check each part of the drivetrain, see if I can find anything that seems out of place.

EDIT- also, the abruptness I could live with....but I really hate this hesitation, its right at the area where I would shift if i was being a rushy or towing light 2200-2500rpm

Honestly I think I over paid for the tunes I have, but I was really appreciating the help Jim was giving me. Paid like 250 for the tune I have now. If I can feel confident that its the tunes, Ill probably contact jim and see if anything can be done about it. I don't mind sensitive, but this is not really okay at low speeds and trying to be gentle. Hit the pedal just a BIT and the truck takes off. Its something I would expect to have on a RACE tune, but not on a daily driver, tow, and economy tunes. It does it on all of them.

#6 ·
Alright, well I have found it is much,much more controlable on extream, for some reason the jolt isn't there. I love it, good power and nice to drive.

Is there any harm on running it on extreame as long as the vitals are in check? The timing or spray pattern wont hurt anything will it?

just double checking, I can keep my foot out of it, if fuel economy is the only thing extreame will lack.

Thanks guys!

Edit- I think that the tune I am on is actually for full fuel stage 2's, for when I upgrade turbo and hpop. So I just want to be sure I wont hurt anything, as long as I keep boost, egt's ect down.

(I had jim put the last few tunes on my chip so that I could use them when I get supporting mods, but the truck runs the best on them for sure)

#7 · (Edited)
Definitely sounding like a tuning issue to me. The fact that it runs good on the 'full' fuel tune sounds to me like something In the detune tunes is not setup right. I've heard Jim is really good to work with, and he is who I plan to get injectors from so hopefully he fixes you up right.

#8 ·
Oh, he is more then good when it comes to the injectors. He didn't do the tuning, he sent my chip out for me. Ill email him about it and see what he says. I don't discredit Jim at all for anything, even if these are tuning issues. The tuner was late to send my chip back, that held everything up and he apologized for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.