Wicked Wheel Install ASAP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 04:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wicked Wheel Install ASAP

Hey guys I just got the WW2 and I am beta testing it, I got all four bolts off of the outer housing. I can't get the housing off due to the valve cover... Is there anyway to get it off without damaging the wheel and also not damaging the new one when I but it back on? I dont want to take the whole turbo out but it looks like I might have too....help please!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 05:38 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Just put a WW2 on my 95 a week ago. I had to pull my turbo completely, thought about trying to pull the valve cover and just pulling the compressor housing but ended up pulling the whole turbo. The new wheel is a hair taller than the stock wheel so even if you get the housing off, it may not go back on. I would just plan on pulling the whole thing out, then you can get a wrench on both sides rather than hitting it with a impact.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ok awesome!!! Is there 4 pedistal bolts? And u have to remove the bolts from the down pipe and the four bolts that go to exhaust housing I think? It 4 bigger bolts the lead towards firewall...sorry I just never had to deal with such take space...horrible design
Old 01-25-2013, 05:58 PM
Serving Our Country!

There are 4 ped bolts, 2 bolts and 2 nuts on the up pipe, a clamp on the down pipe and 3 bolts on the EBPV. It is a horrible design, you will need swivel sockets, IIRC 13mm and 15mm and may have to use a short open end on the passenger side nut along with a prybar for leverage. I would also recommend removing the EBPV to give you a bit more space on the passenger side bolts. If it's anything like my truck every bolt will fight you coming out and going back in and the EBPV rod will turn so when your trying to attach it blindly it won't line up, at one point I was stepping down form a 3/4" drive 3' ratchet to a 1/4" drive socket for leverage and clearance, not sure how I didn't break something.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Is there any better way to reattach it that you did? I did not know if had any advice to do it differently? And what kind of increase did you see on your OBS?
Old 01-25-2013, 07:14 PM
Serving Our Country!

Honestly, the only way I can see making it easier to remove or reinstall the turbo is pulling the motor or cab. Pulling the EBPV is optional, I gave up fighting the passenger side ped bolt and pulled the EBPV. There is no clearance with that bolt, I had to use a cheep Chinese socket with a really thin wall. Spool seems to be a bit quicker but I'm not seeing any improved boost. I am still working with Bob trying to find any leaks but I am curious to see what someone else with a OBS sees. Are you running stock 49 state 90cc injectors? From your sig, our trucks should be vary similar except for the transmissions.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

yeah I got it in..running 49 states truck...i got some other mods which you can see below but man it spooled up so quick and more boost...but I got bad gauge wobble so got to get a liquid filled gauge....but man install was a pain in a**
Old 01-27-2013, 11:09 PM
Serving Our Country!

If your gauge is bouncing around, you need to dampen the supply. IIRC Autometer makes something for that or you can do like I did, fill the end of the T on the MAP line with epoxy and drill it out with a really small bit. Slows the air moviment down so the gauge doesn't bounce. You could also relocate from the MAP line to the spyder.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I bought a 90 degree brass fitting, they said it would cut down on bouncing...it that does not work then i will try that
Old 01-28-2013, 12:28 PM
Full A-Team Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I could detune mine to stock and do a boost run, probably still going to be a bit of performance over a stock truck tho, but even at that I gained 6-8 psi and my up pipes and exhaust manifolds are leaking bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.