Is anyone running propane injection? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is anyone running propane injection?

I'd like to make a propane injection setup for my 97. Most of the kits look like they are a few hoses, a 12v solenoid and a vaporizer regulator component, I think one line runs from the map sensor line to the regulator/vaporizer, so that once you get 5 or 10 psi the propane flows to the motor. My step father works for a propane company, so I can get the hoses made and order the parts if I had some sort of a part number. The cheapest kit I can find it $270 on ebay

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 11:49 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
No, it is retarded. Propane is a fuel, it is old school, you can't supply enough fuel you add propane. You have a huge selection of injectors so you don't have the lack of fuel problem. You would make more power bumping up to a bigger injector than you ever will on propane. It is really useless and isn't worth the risk anymore. I knew a cumminGs guy that ran propane and had a runaway becuase of the propane wouldn't shut off as it was supposed to and just kept fueling the truck. Imo, propane is the dumbest thing ever for a diesel.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:57 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is anyone running propane injection?

I've talked to few people that were running it, they seemed impressed with it. I think I once read that propane somehow makes more use of the fuel that your using, like 97% efficiency instead of 80%

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-17-2013, 06:29 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I haven't run propane on a powerstroke yet but I did on a couple of Idi engines and it makes a pretty significant increase in power. If I ever get the chance to build a hot rod powerstroke I plan to have propane injection. BTW propane acts as a catalyst that helps diesel fuel burn more complete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.