94 F250 7.3 IDI - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 12:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
94 F250 7.3 IDI

I purchased a 94 F250, IDI turbo diesel a few months back and have since then thought about a few upgrades. I've read into it, and I want to get a new down pipe, cold air, and run a 5" exhaust system. I can't figure out where to get a new down pipe, nor any idea on the cold air to get. and as far as the exhaust goes, from what my exhaust guy told me, he can't bend 5" pipe, so what would be my best route with that? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Joel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 07:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You are in the wrong section but I can answer questions for you. Banks, Hypermax, and Ats where the only ones that made downpipes for the Idi turbo diesel. If you have the factory turbo system you need to look for the ATS downpipe. Once you get the down pipe you want in you can use a 94-97 powerstroke exhaust system and adapt it to your downpipe but a better way IMO and was the way I did a couple of my IDI trucks is to use a couple of pieces of 4" straight pipe and a 4" 90* elbow (Muffler is optional) to build a system that exits in front of the rear tire. Going with 5" exhaust will do nothing for you. There are a few tricks to make a whole bunch more power out of the Idi engine. While you are doing the exhaust system wrap the exhaust crossover pipe with exhaust wrap, keeping the heat in that crossover helps make power.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

What section on the ATS site is the down pipe under? I can't seem to find it. and also, thanks for such a speedy and detailed reply man, you rock!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:26 PM

You will have to call ATS to see if they have one available but don't count on it. You will also need to get the ATS turbo outlet elbow to use the downpipe. Actually if you can find just the turbo outlet a muffler shop should be able to make the downpipe from 3" tubing. Otherwise try craigslist or ebay.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I contacted them and they hooked me up with IDI Performance, thanks a lot man.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Also, are there any other trick as to making more power? You rock man, seriously.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:53 AM

Advance the pump timing, turn up the fuel, get bigger injectors, disable the wastegate, water/methanol injection, propane injection, aftermarket cam, headers. That will empty your pockets but it will make pretty awesome power. The thing to keep in mind is Ford detuned the Idi engine big time in 94 so that it wouldn't compete with the powerstroke that came out the same year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.