Which Injectors? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which Injectors?

I know this has been beaten like a dead horse but I'm going to do injectors, probably Rosewood. Looking at the prices, you can get stage 1's (160cc) and stage 2's (160cc w/80% nozzles) for $1235. Then he offers a stage 2.5 (200cc w/30% nozzles) for 1600. Only 365 more. Then he has a full hybrid (238cc w/100% nozzles) for only 1650.

I'm having a heck of a time deciding which ones I should get? I still tow a camper and flat bed with a jeep on it so I'm guessing I have about 9k+ on and behind my truck. I don't usually tow anything extra than that.

What do all of you guys think? I originally was just going to do the stage 1's but then I saw the 2's were the same price. I have my stock turbo but will be upgrading it in the somewhat near future. Also have a T-500 and a PHP FU2 chip. As well as an intercooler and E-fuel. So I have the majority of the supporting mods already there. Give me a hand with this decision.

Thanks guys!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

this is an origional question...... what turbo are you looking at getting?
Old 12-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It will probably be an s300 or 366. Nothing insane. I still want a dd and a you're rig

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 12-02-2012, 03:46 PM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
funny I was in this position almost a year ago. I talked to Jim at Rosewood, he said get the 2s, when i bought them he didn't have an 80% nozzles so he put 100% nozzles on them. i installed them i guess in early April of this year since i have driven to and from UT pulling a trailer and pulled upto 16K. I have all the same mods you have (except i don't know what tranny you have). I also had TW detune the injectors until i get my turbo swapped. I have a D66 waiting to go in. i use my truck to tow all the time. did i need 2s? no. i'm i glad i have them? yes.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i have 160/80's with a d66. I would say 160/ 80's but you may be able to run 238/100's if your going the t4 route you may as well go hybrids and have them de tuned in case you decide to go bigger turbo. just my thoughts
Old 12-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

he 160 /80 will run the s3000 no problem though
Old 12-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Most tuning companies can de-tune the injectors to whatever you are running at the time too until you go bigger on the turbo and other parts, or to wherever you want your power level to be. I was talking to PHP about this when I started thinking about getting the 238/100s since I didn't want to buy a smaller injector and want to upgrade later when they weren't enough anymore.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwhite94 View Post
Most tuning companies can de-tune the injectors to whatever you are running at the time too until you go bigger on the turbo and other parts, or to wherever you want your power level to be. I was talking to PHP about this when I started thinking about getting the 238/100s since I didn't want to buy a smaller injector and want to upgrade later when they weren't enough anymore.
truth, buy bigger than what you need and have em detuned.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

All very good points guys. I think i might just go with the 2's. I don't ever see myself going to a turbo big enough to handle the big hybrids. Or building the bottom end to handle them as well. I still want a street machine that will tow my toys and my wife can occasionally drive. Thanks for all the input!

Darren

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 12-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

s300 is the series turbo for the frame and size it carries.... an s366 is the actual turbo, with an s366 it would have a hard time cleaning 238/100s (words from jake at irate).

a 200/30 is a perfect injector to detune if you would like and never have to worry about oil from HPOP, a good 17* will run these just fine. or u could see if he could install a 100% or 80% nozzle on them for a good performance injector that a S366 will support. thats about all tho.

id say go stage 2s since you pull a camper ans upgrade to a drop in D66.. if you plan to do an up pipe change i would go with 200/?? with a s366...if you upgrade to 238/100 u will need to step up a platform tubro to a s468 which spools like a 66 but flows as good as a 71mm..... but they are a little tighter to fit in an OBS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.