chips for my stroker...help!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 07:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
chips for my stroker...help!!!

hi can annybody tell me about the following chips?
1. BANKS ottomind
2. superchips max tuner 1705 vinlock
i am wondering if i can stack them and or how they will affect my engine i allready have a ottomind and it gives me some power on the high end but off the line townig is a slow starter a buddy of mine is selling me the superchip for cheap (i am not getting it as a 1st pick but i want something that will both make me smoke and gain some low end as well. if you have picks of your ford with one of these chips lets see some smoke picks and if you know anything more please share.
thaks fellow stroker owners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 01:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can't stack chips.
Superchips Max 1705 Vinlock means the tuner is "Vin-Locked" to another truck. You can plug it in a push buttons all day long and it isn't going to program your truck.
Buy a TS chip and have it burned with custom tunes. Both of the programmers you mentioned were written back when Cher was the #1 on the Billboard charts.
You aren't going to get where you're trying to go using either one of them.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Since you are new here, a word of caution. The fastest way to get a thread closed is to talk about smoke, rolling coal etc. A custom tune will help with power but there are other mods that can be done to help even more. Also 99% if not all of the custom chip burners will not burn a chip that will help you make smoke on purpose. There are powerstroke owners out there making much more horsepower than stock but have nothing more than a haze from the exhaust and in today's world of epa regulations that is cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.