So start off by saying I know there is already a write up by richdawg (IDM Mod 140 volt - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
) thats good and I used it doing mine but I figure more info can never hurt and I added more pics.
COST - 1$ resistor, 6$ sealant, 15$ soldering gun, 5$ solder
DIFFICULTY - If you can turn a wrench and use a soldering gun EASY
TIME - start to finish took maybe an hour (not including dry time)
Heres where to get the resistors : http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...KXTR-ND/594453
SUMMARY: This is an awesome mod and was super easy to do and really lets you take advantage of the factory system to its fullest by upping the factory injector voltage from 100 volts to 140 volts which opens the injectors faster and holds em open longer giving you more fuel. So using this mod with intake and exhaust would be recommended. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A PYROMETER (Exhaust gas temp guage) and do not MELT YOUR ENGINE DOWN.
Mine was a 100v IDM (see last 3 numbers)
So mine required the 75 resistor
On with the good stuff.
-start by unhooking the battery negative cables on both batteries
-next locate the IDM module in the drivers fender under the hood
-3 8mm bolts to unbolt and 1 10mm bolt holds the connector on.
-Next up I used a heat gun to warm the sealent all around to loosen it up
-Then a flathead screw driver and gently pry'd a corner up
-Then used 2 flatheads and twist one then slide the other farther and repeat.
-Once the covers up, look around for any damage, corrosion, exploded capacitors
-Then use a razorblade to clean all the old sealant out
-Here is what i used to get the job done
-Here is the chip to remove
-Just use the soldering gun and a toothpick and heat up the solder and put a little pressure with the toothpick and it pops right off.
-Here is the comparison to the new resistor both on a dime
-Bend the ends of the resistor over and solder it on. Everyone has their own preference here.
-Heres the RTV i used to seal it up
-Cut the tip down to around the size of the lip and go to town
-Put the cap back on and let it sit till dry, I'd say at least 8-12 hours
-Reinstall in reverse order