Swamps 250/100%, stealth srp1 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Swamps 250/100%, stealth srp1

Hey guys, I have the chance to purchase locally a set of new swamps 250/100%'s and stealth srp1.

The guy wants 800 for the hpop, and he wants 1800 for the injectors. or 2500$ for both, i think id do 2000 for both?

Its more then I wanted to spend, but I was going to go premium rosewood for 1300, and I figure the injector cores are worth something.

I also dont really want to buy a hpop right now if I dont have to, or its a really good deal.

what im saying is, what should I offer this guy? what would you guys consider a good pricing for me and not lowball the guy, im low on money atm and need to try to do this cheap.

will i need a big charger with these injectors? they dont show them on the site anymore, he told me thats because they change there injectors advertised depending on demand.

just want to check in with you guys before i go dump that much money. but if I am getting a good deal I think i can stomach doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 04:37 AM

If you're going with injectors that big you are most likely going to need an hpop to supply oil to those injectors. You can check out DP-Tuner's website and check out the T-500! It's just as good if not better than the srp1. It's also cheaper and it's not used.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:22 AM
BANNED by Kris

If it is a SRP1 then most anything will be better then it (this pump was recalled). If it is a SRP1.1 then that is better then the t-500. Make sure that the warranty for the SRP1.1 is fully intact before considering the purchase. Brand new they are worth $900.

160/30's are about the top limit on the stock charger. Otherwise you can have the bigger injectors but they will need to be tuned back to 160/30 level of performance. After checking prices online this isn't a deal. If you can get it for $2k that would be more worth it. But you still have to re-burn the chip so that expense needs to be considered too.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

Are the injectors coming flow tested.. for all u know they may be trash... personally i wouldn't buy them if they are not coming flow tested.

E-fuel is a MUST!!!! If they guy u are buying off of didnt have efuel, walk away.

A turbo larger then a D66 will be needed, such as a t4 mount and a s468, moded H2E, GQSSB...ect.

If u arent ready to do these supporting modds, i would walk away. ,
Old 11-20-2012, 07:05 PM

he had efuel, so do I....but honestly its sounds like i should just go rosewoods, i really have talked to jim a lot and I think that might be the way to go.

Just having my truck down is the hard part. thats why im trying other ways.

NOTE* he said that swamps will renew the warranty if i send them in and have them tested, im guessing that mean he hasnt.

maybe he will have them sent in and flowtest, and then sell them to me after thats done.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:07 PM

I think its the ****ty hpop, i wont bother with that, ill go t500. Also asked him if we could arrange a deal, he sends them in and has them tested, when they get back and are all checked over, he sells me then with warranty from swamps.

Id like to get them for 1500..worth it? or should i just go rosewoods? and get injectors+tuning for 1500.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

swamps will only warranty damage to the injector due to part failure, they will not warranty damage due to bad fuel, water, or lack of pressure, if you can get them for 1500 that's a deal if they are flow tested first.

not sure if a t500 will carry these injectors, u will need a srp1.1, gen3, term hpos, dual hpops, ect. they will upgrade a srp1 to a 1.1 i believe.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:29 PM

guy stopped replying to my emails, guess he doesn't want to sell them.

I'm thinking im just going to go with stage 2's from Jim, that way i can go t500 and be more mild. I don't need a ton of power, i just don't want to get stage 1's because then i wouldn't have as much to grow into.

thanks guys!
Old 11-22-2012, 12:42 PM
BANNED by Kris

You came back to him with a bag full of knowledge. You scared him off. Probably better this way. It's more expensive to buy new but you and your seller will know everything about your new parts.

Last edited by BigFuel; 11-22-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:49 PM

Yeah, I said I would like to be sure the injectors flow test properly, and he basically said, why they are like brand new. Basically told him I was assuming he was trying to screw me over, asked for proof that they are good and he wont talk to me anymore. Guessing that either he got busy, very possible. Or he was actually attempting to get the best of me, and thats why I decided to go rosewood, just have to deal with the little bit of downtime with the truck.

also, when replacing injectors, do the injector cups normally seal up fine after? because that extra 350$ would be really nice to not have to spend. I feel like pulling injectors and putting them back in could cause a leak.

also on another note(probably not on this tread, but ill ask anyway) I bought my truck 10,000 miles ago and have been reading a lot about cavitation, I understand it pretty well and want to get it addressed/checked out with my truck. The coolent in it as far as i can tell is great, but Im not sure if it has the proper additives ect.

thanks again guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.