BDP fuel system..? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BDP fuel system..?

I got a pretty bad fuel leak which has been goin on for a while..Its finally gave me a reason to upgrade my fuel system and delete my fuel bowl and that other B/S..Is Beans fuel system a good investment. I know there price went up a couple weeks ago to 1099 which is still reasonable compared to dieselsites fuel system..any info would be appreciated such as hp gains and throttle response. id like to get it before i get my jetta tdi back from home which is thanksgivin time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

seems like a good kit.. if you have any doubts, call them up and talk to them. can also call Jake at Irate Diesel, and there are other complete kits out there.

OR do a DIY style.. just depends on what you are comfortable doing
Old 11-08-2012, 08:45 AM
BANNED by Kris

I've been running mine for 6 months. I like it and the truck actually starts 1 second quicker (yes I've timed it). It's compact, the instructions are pretty good when/if you order it also ask for the digital instructions as the paper one is printed off a crappy B&W printer and the pictures are helpful. If you need the instructions PM me an email address and I'll sent you mine.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

alligator performance has one for $1000. i'd check it out. same regulator, different pump but flow's the same i believe. I think 165 Gph.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:57 PM
BANNED by Kris

Beans is $800

[EDIT] I stand corrected. The Price went back up. When I bought mine it was $800 shipped. Sorry
Old 11-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfann10 View Post
alligator performance has one for $1000. i'd check it out. same regulator, different pump but flow's the same i believe. I think 165 Gph.
Different pump, that flows the same PSI, but when you have to pay for replacement pumps every 3 months or so, what kind of money are you really saving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuel View Post
Beans is $800

[EDIT] I stand corrected. The Price went back up. When I bought mine it was $800 shipped. Sorry
They did go up, but none of that money goes in our pockets, unfortunately. We jumped up to a better, more reliable pump, the Bosch 044. We kept having problem after problem with the Walboro, and that gets expensive when they won't warranty their own pumps, for us and sometimes the customer depending on time frame.
We also now include sediment bowls in the bottom of our filters, which is a $120 upgrade through Napa.

Again, I wish i could sit here and tell you we were lining our pockets with the increased price in fuel systems, but the truth is, we upgraded parts in the fuel system that needed upgrading, to benefit the customer, not us.

Last edited by bdp sales; 11-09-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:45 PM
BANNED by Kris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdp sales View Post
Again, I wish i could sit here and tell you we were lining our pockets with the increased price in fuel systems, but the truth is, we upgraded parts in the fuel system that needed upgrading, to benefit the customer, not us.
Whoa bud, this isn't PSN or PSA no one was claiming that Ryan was lining his pockets with the increase in price. I was just stating that your kit was $800 and afterward went to check my statement, saw that I was wrong, can back here and admitted it. The E-Fuel sale you where running went on for months and I was trying to sell your product. Check my Sig., I've spent thousands of dollars and plan to keep doing so. I like the product and the service. Ryan stopped communicating with me a year ago and when I found out why I was sorry to hear what happened to you guys. It's good to see that your business was able to move forward and onward.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Sorry, that wasn't necessarily all directed toward you, just a general statement, don't take it to heart. We've had a lot of people complaining about the fuel system price increase, so figured i'd write that all out so it's on the interwebz in case someone was wondering why the price went up.

No hard feeling's toward you.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I think 1100 is a pretty fair price and will probably buy from you all when the time comes. just stating all his options. What would it run for yall to install it?
Old 11-16-2012, 07:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfann10 View Post
I think 1100 is a pretty fair price and will probably buy from you all when the time comes. just stating all his options. What would it run for yall to install it?
It's typically a 5-6 hour install. Our shop rate is $100/hour
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.