Beans or edge? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 09:21 AM
powerstroke newb

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Beans or edge?

I finally got the money up for a programmer and a new option is thrown in my lap with a timeframe so I want to make sure im getting the right thing. I have been saving up for the beans 6 pos so that I could shift on the fly. But I just found out that summit has the edge CTS on sale right now for 550 shipped. Having the edge would save me from having to buy gauges, but I have read on this site that the beans and customs tunes would be best for performance. Which should I buy? customs tunes then need gauges? or edge cts and it is gauges? I have an intake and exhaust but thats about as far as im gonna go. Maybe down the line doing the HPOP and intercooler off the newer 7.3 so with these little mods, do i really need custom tunes? any help or input would be awesome guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

Anything but canned tunes... do not buy that edge.... if u want that style monitor go to PHP as they sell custom tunned "edge cts" but its just he same manufacturer box with bills tunes. And i belive they are cheaper then that edge at summit.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:46 PM
powerstroke newb

will the canned tune really be that detrimental with my minimal upgrade list?
and could u link which tuner u are specifically talking about? im not seeing one that has the touch screen gauges. Thanks
Old 10-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

i was wrong they are not cheeper.. even tho u have minimual mods done, a custom tune will give you more power and longevity. and it allows u to get full potental of mods later on down the road when u need a reburn, instead of just having canned tunes and having to buy a custom chip later on down the road. do it once and do it right
Power Hungry Performance - Gryphon™ CS & CTS - Diesel
Old 10-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have 2 powerstrokes and ive been ****ing around with edge programmers for the past two years procrastinating on getting a 6pos. i finally got one from beans and installed it a couple days ago. i wish i would of just got one in the first place it is so much better. i only have exhaust and intake and it gives you noticable more power than the edge and smoother. plus you can shift on the fly. it was 359 shipped and i got the triple gauge pilar with egt boost and fuel pressure from glowshift which cost me 220 shipped. basically the same price as the cts. dont waste your time with that edge **** buy a 6pos!

and just my opinion but id much rather have gauges than that stupid screen stuck on my window
Old 10-24-2012, 05:47 AM
powerstroke newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3powerstroker View Post
I have 2 powerstrokes and ive been ****ing around with edge programmers for the past two years procrastinating on getting a 6pos. i finally got one from beans and installed it a couple days ago. i wish i would of just got one in the first place it is so much better. i only have exhaust and intake and it gives you noticable more power than the edge and smoother. plus you can shift on the fly. it was 359 shipped and i got the triple gauge pilar with egt boost and fuel pressure from glowshift which cost me 220 shipped. basically the same price as the cts. dont waste your time with that edge **** buy a 6pos!

and just my opinion but id much rather have gauges than that stupid screen stuck on my window
hey, could u link me where u got that stuff for those prices? that all sounds great and i have never been able to find a gauge set that cheap. i was even considering getting the 3-in-1 gauge i saw in dieselpowermag cuz it would save me so much in the long run.

Any thank you all so much for any and all info, keep it coming, its very welcomed by me lol
Old 10-24-2012, 08:26 AM
Hee Hee, he's doing it...

Beans or Tony Wildman:

Beans:
7.3 Ford Powerstroke chip for STOCK trucks

Tony Wildman's:
7.3L <I>Power Stroke</I> Chip

Customs will make a world of difference in performance and reliability. I don't know where you live but around here a data logger or a screen of any type is a insta-ticket from the CHiP'ies

Last edited by BigFuel; 10-24-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Google beans diesel performance and that's where you can find the chip.

And for the gauges http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/
They also have the 3 in gauge its 172.99
I got the pillar gauges because I like the look of them.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Hee Hee, he's doing it...

^I linked them above^
Old 10-24-2012, 10:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
my choice: Tony Wildman Performance Chips

plus we give military discount on them.. PM me for details
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.