cts guage - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Arrow cts guage

I was wondering if anyone is running edge cts gauges. I was thinking of getting just the guages when i get my tony wildman chip next week but wondering if they are worth the money any feedback or knowledge would be appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 08:17 PM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

just remeber you will need to buy a pyro add on and it will not read boost properly, IDK if they have a boost add on, it does not read as much stuff as it will in a SD tho. if u get the CTS u can add all kinds of gadgets to it which is nice

also u can get edge style programers thru bill at PHP with his custom tunes on it instead of a canned tune form edge, that way u can change tunes from the screen
Old 10-18-2012, 05:52 PM

I did not know i could get custom tunes with the cts i still think im gonna go with a tony wildman 6 pos chip. I just wasnt sure how accurate the cts gauges are
Old 10-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

They are only as acurate as the sensors sending the info to the computer. So u see exactly what the computer see which can be off when u have a bad sensor, but for the most part its pretty acutare
Old 10-21-2012, 09:45 AM

I had the cs and could not get it to work, the screen would go black while driving down the road. sent it to edge to get it check and there was no issues with it, they told me that some of the obs trucks it loses signal from the PCM and the screen goes black and there's no fix for it. I could hit the button and turn it back on but it just got old doing that. Some trucks it works fine on but I had one that it wouldn't. I like it tho, it has a lot of neat features on it. I would say give it a shot, if it won't work on your truck they will refund your money
Old 10-21-2012, 08:29 PM

Sound like i might have to give it a shot then. Thanks guys
Old 10-23-2012, 06:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I just put the edge CS on my truck last night. I bought it for codes, and tranny shift point changes. I'm still going to buy gauges separately for the truck.

So far my impressions are,,, Holy Crap! I have mine on extreme tune right now. Shifting is 100% better, power is ridiculous over what I had with poor shifting E4OD. I know my tranny is going to be replaced, but I'm trying to nurse the thing through till I get my money saved up for a good swap. I'm not getting the limp mode any longer, and the truck with just easy "GO" pedal is much faster. Shift points are much smoother, held a little longer, and doesn't dump gears in the upper range anymore.

Drivability on the interstate is improved tremendously. The whole driving experience is improved with these canned tunes. I can monitor the tranny temps, which are well in range, but I don't have Pyro... therefore I'm not pushing this truck at all with the go pedal. Which it really wants me too, but I'm sure my EGT's are higher with the tune, and I have complete stock exhaust including cat and stock intake.

I love it!
Old 10-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

U prolly dont wana hear this but get rid of that edge.... it will destroy your trans as it makes firm shifts with excessive line pressure, proper way to do it is with a valvebody/shift kit. Also if u do keep it get the pyro now. Most people with edges pin the pyro quick without even trying.

Look into a custom tunes 6 position from PHP, Tony Wildman, gearhead, swamps, beans, or a custom tuner as such.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have a couple of friends using the edge. They have been using edge tuners for a while with no problems. But,,, they aren't trying to race every Joe at every stop light. I agree with the Pyro being a must, really on any tune a Pyro gauge should be installed. My tranny is going to replaced soon, so not worried about the edge. I really think the problem with this tuner, and many tuners, are the fact that you can drive the thing a lot harder and faster, but should you really drive the thing harder and faster? The power band is instantaneous with the programer, where stock it takes more to get the truck going. Shifts are hard in stock mode, with more torque converter lock up shimmy on mine. With the edge it's smoother, and the trannies shifts are more predictable. No shift dump after second gear. The truck is easier to drive, and i'm working the tranny a lot less. The truck is fun to drive now, in my reasonable 25 ft long 6000+ pound kind of way. Have you ever looked at where your front bumper sits on most car's side doors,,, even without a lift? Yes, it's a deadly machine, and should be driven with responsibility.

These aren't race cars, and in my neck of the woods every Dodge boy thinks he's at Daytona. If you can't resist a stop light dodge boy drag race, you shouldn't be driving over 6000lbs. of truck.

Ol blue, you probably don't want to hear this, but how much experience do you have with the edge tuner? Are you basing your judgement on fact, or what you've heard on the internet?
Old 10-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

i judge my experiance on 2 friends of mine that blew transmissions very fast with an edge tunner and then read up on info of why and with others expericances. mostly the same, some have luck most do not. but you are right, take it easy and anything will last.

any canned tune will not out perform a custom tune longevity wise and useability wise. i was just passing on info from my research and expericances and reading. this place is starting to get like the nation around here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.