Share your experience - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 06:40 AM
powerstroke newb

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Share your experience

Hello everyone, I'm a new OBS owner and have just done my intake and exhaust (DIY 6637 and Diamondeye turbo back). I think I'm now ready to do the chip or will be next payday. I have been looking around alot and just want to know what you all encountered when buying yours. I know I want a 6 position chip, most likely with custom tunes. what I'm mostly asking for is where you got them and for what price. I dont want to waste my money but I'm also willing to pay a little more for customer service and trust. But as always, affordability is high on the scale. Thanks ahead guys, any info would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 07:16 AM
Diesel Freak

Power hungry performance good all the way around
Old 10-16-2012, 07:23 AM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

I.second php. That or Tony wildman from total diesel performance. Both are awesome!

Killing time on here with my smart phone....
Old 10-16-2012, 07:30 AM
Banned

Beans tunes are great... check out Whites Diesel Performance in FL.. he's a Beans dealer and is VERY smart.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:20 PM
powerstroke newb

Ok let me add another question, beans offers a "lope and smoke" tune. has anyone ever seen this or have it on their tunes? Im curious how well it works seeing as I obviously dont have a cam but it claims to make it act like it has an aggressive cam? is it worth it? if u have it do u ever use it? is it even as cool as it sounds?
Old 10-16-2012, 01:23 PM
Diesel Freak

I would stay away from both of those
Old 10-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

There is a reason other tuners dont offer thoes tunes.... i will just leave it at that
Old 10-17-2012, 04:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimsantalol View Post
Ok let me add another question, beans offers a "lope and smoke" tune. has anyone ever seen this or have it on their tunes? Im curious how well it works seeing as I obviously dont have a cam but it claims to make it act like it has an aggressive cam? is it worth it? if u have it do u ever use it? is it even as cool as it sounds?
they are pretty cool, but also cause issues with washing down cylinder walls. I'd strongly urge against it.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:01 AM
powerstroke newb

ok thats why i was asking. I just thought it might be cool to have it doing those sounds as i pulled through a parking lot and all those ricer kids are staring at me. hell, i just considered it cuz im not sure what to use as the sixth position. i definitely want a shift on the fly system but i really dont need all 6 positions. It seems like most of the tunes are based primarily around shift points... but mines a manual so thats of no concern to me. I dont need a bunch of tow/race tunes that are based on shift points, all i need to worry about is egts. now i do tow often but im not going for massive power levels nor am i going through mountain terrains and steep grades. i go around town or head down the interstate.
and ty all for ur inputs, i appreciate it all and im always willing to learn from someone who knows better or has been through something before.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:45 AM
Banned

Tunes DO a TON for an auto tranny as far as line pressures and shift points. But they also do a lot for egt's/boost.

Tow tunes will pull fuel and make for cooler temps, while still giving more power over stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.