95 needs tuning. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
95 needs tuning.

i installed a set of remaned AB's in my 95 powerstroke few days ago. when truck is warm it seems to be more snappy throttle, i like it. idles fine, no real difference. the only issue i have is when the truck sits over night it wont fire. i need to give it a shot of either/ quick start, for it to fire up. doesn't smoke once fires up and runs. i havent swapped the hpop out (am going to rip it apart tomorrow and start swapping it to the 17). i know to get the full gain of the injectors and to run "right" you need tuning. DP offers 6 position chip and tuned correctly for $485 plus shippng.

my question: I FOUND A 99-01 7.3 BULLY DOG 6 POSITION CHIP FOR MANUAL TRANSMISSION. IF I PLUG IT IN MY TRUCK WILL IT FIX INJECTOR FIRING ISSUE AND MAKE INJECTORS RUN CORRECT.

my truck is 95 7.3 manual trans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2012, 07:20 PM

Don't run the canned tunes. Go with custom, I have the dp tuner on my e99 that has ab injectors. I love how it runs

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 09-18-2012, 07:37 PM

everyone i called before DP tried to sell me canned tunes and didnt know what i ment by "custom tune for split shot injectors to work in my 95" so i didnt even think twice buying from them....i would like to go DP with custom tunes and im thinking thats the way im gonna go. i just found a brand new bully dog cheap and was wondering if it would work.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:03 AM
Banned

If you put split-shots into your single-shot truck you need custom tuning... Beans and Tony Wildman are best. NONE of the canned tuners will work for you.

Also, quit using ether. Sounds like you've got a crack baby in the making. You'll split that block in half.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:39 AM

Why did you install ab's instead of aa's?

Old 09-19-2012, 05:49 AM
Banned

Indeed... you could have gotten some nice stage 1 singles for prolly the same price or even cheaper than those oem doubles cost you.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:01 AM

I installed ABs cuz got free motor from buddy with fresh remaned injectors. I was having what i thought was injector issues and can't afford to have then truck sit for a week while injectors are getting rebuilt.- turns out 3 injectors weren't seated all the way down and giving me issues. I read some people have good luck while some say it doesn't work at all with ABs. ABs run awesome for me it's just getting it to fire in morning(might be tuning might b hpop-swapping today). Now that i got my AAs out and extra block im going to start to rebuild it myself.

I ain't no rookie around diesels.. Grew up in trucking industry wrenching. Worked in many shops and even in caterpillar truck engine shop where we(me and head mechanic) made 1200hp C15 with marine sticks and computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 09-19-2012, 06:11 AM

I understand cost of stage ones to installing ABs and needing tuning. Remaned Injectors free/ tuning $450/ injector orings, Have few extra sets in garage got for free/ getting to go stage 2s and doing fresh build on 7.3 Spare motor...PRICELESS lol.... Well actually $2500 or so

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 09-19-2012, 06:12 AM
Banned

ALL split shots need to be retuned to work on factory single shot trucks.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:03 PM

So the motor you have is out of a
Superduty? Is it just the long block? The is quite of few differences from obs to the superduty. Turbo, intake, injectors, fuel pump, intercooler

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.