97 powerstroke Upgrades - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
97 powerstroke Upgrades

Been looking into a banks bundle but are they really worth it? Also just thinking about throwing a Ts 6 pos, stage 2 intake, and better exhaust. Any feedback?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 01:59 PM
BANNED by Kris

My first mod was a Banks power pack. Great fuel economy (was getting 23 MPGs freeway back then), gets you a complete IC system, and gauges. Downside is that they reuse the stock airbox (crap) and are WAY overpriced. All in all I miss driving with the Banks stuff on the truck but my current system would beat the old system.

I vote build your own setup (injectors, tunes, exhaust, intake) and you be pretty happy. Sorry not helpful.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i just installed the ts 6 stage chip in my 95 psd with a 4 inch exhaust and an intake, im very happy with the difference and the chip does alot more than i thought. my setup is
stock
high idle
50 hp
75hp
100hp
140+hp
next step is going to be some gauges!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Its cool it was some help, when everything I wanna do is priced its about the same as the package so idk maybe buy the package and then a stage 2 intake. Im not sure I could afford injectors and dont really need bigger ones yet hahaha
Old 08-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Has the ts helped milage at all? I have that first gen edge programmer and its **** always freezing. Is yours an automatic?
Old 08-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuel View Post
My first mod was a Banks power pack. Great fuel economy (was getting 23 MPGs freeway back then), gets you a complete IC system, and gauges. Downside is that they reuse the stock airbox (crap) and are WAY overpriced. All in all I miss driving with the Banks stuff on the truck but my current system would beat the old system.

I vote build your own setup (injectors, tunes, exhaust, intake) and you be pretty happy. Sorry not helpful.
What package did you buy? And what is your setup now?

Last edited by Camoman92; 08-29-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camoman92 View Post
Has the ts helped milage at all? I have that first gen edge programmer and its **** always freezing. Is yours an automatic?
I just installed it the other day and havent noticed any more gain because ive been trying to roll coal all the time haha im gonna fill her up tonight and tommorow and try and drive her calmly and see. Even with 140 mod on alot it was close to the same with me dumping coal alot.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:30 PM
BANNED by Kris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camoman92 View Post
What package did you buy? And what is your setup now?
I cheated. Banks power was my business neighbor till the economy crash. Them he sold of all the buildings and brought everything back to his corner of Azusa/Irwindale. Now I only see Gale at our local lunch haunt once and a while. I had his top kit. Everything they make for the OBS plus. What's not included in the regular kit is the Trans temp gauge and A-Piller gauge mount so I added that in. Current setup is in my sig but I've run out of usable characters So there is a couple more mods then what's posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northbendneck View Post
I just installed it the other day and havent noticed any more gain because ive been trying to roll coal all the time haha im gonna fill her up tonight and tommorow and try and drive her calmly and see. Even with 140 mod on alot it was close to the same with me dumping coal alot.
Those are bad words on here. Careful what you admit and whom you admit too.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:40 PM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I got custom tunes, afe intake, 3" down pipe, no cat and 4:10's got 21 hwy with an auto, i got maybe400 invested, and its awesome
Old 08-31-2012, 07:21 AM
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northbendneck View Post
Blowin' Smoke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.