Which Injectors? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 07:23 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Which Injectors?

I'm getting ready to upgrade my injectors. Thinking either "Baby Swamps" from Swamps or Stage 1's from Beans. Whichever I go with, I will have them reburn my chip. They are pretty close to same on pricing so that doesnt matter. Just wondering some opinions on which would be better for the money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 07:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What are you looking to do with your truck?
Old 08-22-2012, 07:32 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just looking for a little more power without having to upgrade the hpop and turbo right away. Thats why I am just going to the stage 1's. Just didnt know who is better, or if there is even a differance in them.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:49 AM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

For the price go with stage 1s. Turbo will be fine, hpop will need upgraded and so will fuel system. Even with baby swamps you will need hpop and fuel. The upgrade can be a 17* out of a SD should do just fine for either.

Auto or 5 speed?
Old 08-22-2012, 07:51 AM

They are both great options, Do research on which ones you want from people that have personally ran them not people that just read reviews. Who are you going to have do your tuning?
Old 08-25-2012, 07:20 AM

I agree. I would say either 160cc or 180cc stage 1 injectors. I researched the daylights out of the same subject and settled on 160cc 30% over injectors but, I was convinced to get the 175cc 30% over injectors when I was ordering. Personally, I would go with 180cc stage ones from a reputable dealer that offers supporting custom tunes tailored for your specific setup.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

Wait... are baby swamps 140s or 175s? I may be thinkin of the tranny savers
Old 08-26-2012, 07:36 PM

The Baby Swamps are 150cc injectors with stock nozzles.

150/146 "Baby Swamp" Single-Shot Injectors, Tow (Mild Street) - Swamp's Diesel Performance

I ended up getting the size belowthrough Nate at Unlimited Diesel. The lifetime warranty and not having to send in a core charge help make the decision to go with Unlimited Diesel for me.

175/30% single shot injectors (94-97 NON California vehicles) - Swamp's Diesel Performance

There is one in the middle as well. It would be a 175 or 180cc with stock nozzles. I believe the would be a great way to go.

Oh yeah, there are 160cc/30% over injectors as well that are between the ones list directly above and the 175/30 over I ended up getting.

You really need to determine your horsepower target before you start. I wanted to be able to make 400 rea wheel horse power. I could have done that with 160/30 over injectors but, went with 175/30 over just to be sure I meet my goal.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Premium Member

Is it really necessary to upgrade fuel with the baby swamps? I was just looking at them and seriously considering them. I am not up on performance stuff, so I am just wondering. I figured on upgrading the hpop and and intercooler if I did them and maybe a D66 too, not sure on doing the turbo though. This is all in the future, but don't want to do it and find out they wouldn't work. I am not looking for a ton of power, but just to have a little fun with them.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:26 AM

I have Rosewood stage ones on stock fuel and turbo with 17* HPOP. The truck runs great. Fuel pressure will hang in there at around 35-40psi in the big tune. I have no intercooler either. PHP tunes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.