Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

intercooler questions!!!!!

3K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  01Crewcab7.3 
#1 ·
My father-in-law and me are looking at putting an intercooler on his 1995 F-250,
we have been looking into it and are kind of confused about which intakes will fit his truck, and also will stock pipes off a superduty 7.3L fit an OBS 7.3L? We do know that we have to change his intake we just arent sure if one off of a superduty will fit it. any help will be greatly appreciated!

#2 ·
Get a super duty 7.3 powerstroke intercooler. Make sure to get the all aluminum kind as the plastic ones tend to crack. There is a guy (I have his email somewhere I will try and find it for you) that makes custom intercooler pipes for $200. Then you need an early 99 intake spyder as it has the 2" intakes as opposed to the 3" that the late 99 and later trucks have.

#3 ·
Awesome, if you can find his email that would be great! We just bought an intercooler out of a 99 7.3 today for $40, it was an early 99 but sadly someone had already robbed the intake off of it.

#4 ·
Nice find, bummer on the intake those things are hard as hell to find. Sure thing I will PM you with it as soon as I can find it.

#7 ·
So i havnt been able to get a response from that email address for the intercooler pipes. is there anywhere else that i can get those from for a resonable price?

#9 ·
so ur going to use exhaust pipe? i have thought about just using that but when i talked to my father in law about it he said no, and since it is his truck i didnt argue. but i think that that would be a nice easy route to go instead of finding someone to make these damn things out of aluminium.

#10 ·
I ordered a CX Racing intercooler, I haven't installed it yet, or received it for that matter, but it looks to be a quality kit. After I added up piecing it all together, I found out its the same price or maybe a little less to just buy a kit.

#18 ·
Not sure on the pipes alone. I bought his compleat t4 kit with all the pipes and he was very price friendly so to speak. Just phone him and get a price. I'm sure it would be right in line or better then anything else on the market. He's a very nice guy just a little hard to get a hold of sometimes.

#19 ·
I've never had any problems getting a hold of him. Only once did I have to wait over night for a response and that was because he was out of town.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.