diamond eye downpipe install - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 08:42 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
diamond eye downpipe install

Will be installing my Diamond eye 3" downpipe this weekend. Anything I need to know? Is there a tech section or a how to part of this forum? I just want to bone up on any and everything I can before I tackle this project. I started spraying the bolts with PB Blaster so hopefully it won't be as hard to get the old down pipe off.
Thanks for all info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2012, 08:53 PM
Premium Member

I use the longest sawzall blades I can find , like 10-12" long and more than one. I also use a really big pry bar to bend the pinch weld/push the firewall back a little. You also need time, the old one will take longer to get out than it takes to install the new one, at least in my experiences. You will have to make at least 2 cuts, but probably 3. Cut it as far up as you can from underneath. Then you will have to cut it on the curve where comes off of the turbo and probably once more below that. You will have to kind of twist the old one out and twist the new one in. This is all from memory, but thats about how I did it. Not really as bad as some say, it isn't easy, but by no means hard, just take your time.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:13 AM
Banned

prepare for some custom working... it's not gonna just fit right in.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

When I did both of mine, I cut the down pipe as close to the bend where it starts going down the firewall as I could and was able to get it out without much hassle.
I use a porta power for pushing the firewall in. Much easier and more effective than using a pry bar or 2x4 or what have you. Plus... if you're having a hard time getting the old one out you can "lift" the cab by putting some pressure on it and squishing the mounts to get more room to pull the old one out.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I used a 5 foot long piece of 2 in chromoly tubing, made short work of the firewall, I was able to make lots of room. Probably could fit a 4 inch if I went some more.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Hee Hee, he's doing it...

There is a small 90* fuel line and fitting on the back of the head RIGHT next to the DP. Don't brake it off. I heat wrapped the upper part of my DP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.