turbo choices - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 12:06 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
turbo choices

im lookin to get around 550 to 600 hp outta my truck. will a d66 support that kinda power or will i need to go with an even larger turbo? honestly if not does anyone know about any twin systems that will put me around 800 or so? a buddy is gonna hook me up with that turbo for cheap but if it wont give me at least 500 (reliably) id rather stick to my original twin idea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2012, 12:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

800hp has never been done on fuel only with the 7.3L, couple of guys getting close, but not quite there yet. As for a single turbo that will support 550hp, the ZQSSB turbo with the Hypermax mount kit would be a great option for a daily driver, works great for towing too.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:18 PM
Banned

600hp is a lot of power
Old 06-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Bird is the Word

hope you just won the lottery or stuck oil. it's gonna be costing you A FORTUNE!!!
Old 06-22-2012, 06:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
500-600..best a modded H2e...spools very fast! We have a OBS complete kit..PM me if I can help.

Cary
Old 06-22-2012, 04:11 PM

haha no lottery winnings but i dont expect it to happen immediately. see n my town im surrounded by dodges so id like to show em wat a real truck can do haha. what kinda psi am i lookin at with the zqssb compared to the h2e. id definately love a quicker spooling turbo cause right now mine aint really kickin till almost 3000 rpms. im pretty new to the diesel world as far as soupin em up so any help i can get would be great
Old 06-22-2012, 04:44 PM
Banned

You turbo should be making max boost 2000-2500rpms TOPS. Are you chipped?

A 1.0 exhaust housing will bring boost closer to 1500rpms.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:09 PM

well right now my exhaust is my biggest problem. i think its chokin it cause its a horrible setup. im workin on findin some 4 or 5 inch strait pipe right now. all the bends r regular instead of mandrel bent and there is no real direction of the flow to the stacks. and yea its an edge evolution. nothin crazy. i like it alright but im workin on sellin it 2. and id upgrade the housing if i fell into the right one but if im gonna spend money id rather spend it upgrading to what i really want instead of wasting it on just for now mods. ive been lookin up turbos and i found a garrett gtx4294r with a t4 flange kit. anyone know anything about it?
Old 06-22-2012, 05:32 PM
BANNED by Kris

Bigger turbos need supporting MODS. Can't just put a big turbo and expect the little injectors to spin it. Can't put big injectors on without upping the fuel stability and HPOP flow/pressure. MODS happen in stages. Turbine housing will set you back $170. Replace that intake and exhaust and your golden till the bug bites again. Intake you can do yourself. Search on this site for "DIY intake", cheap. Lots of exhaust makers out there to choose from. Find one that fits you budget. Also, wait to buy anything for two more weeks. 4th of July discounts baby!

Last edited by BigFuel; 06-22-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:06 AM
Banned

Intake exhaust and a GOOD tuner will make a big difference. Those edges are crap. Ditch it. Also, a 1.0 exhaust housing is like $155 from Beans and makesa a good sdiff. Also, a swamps idm will give you a good 30-50whp. Those mods alone will make a stout truck. Like said above, you don't just strap a big turbo on and go. A lot has to happen before that.

Then, you need e-fuel, ic, big sticks, big oil etc to move that big turbo. Start from the bottom and work your way up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.