Banks turbo pipes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 12:34 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Banks turbo pipes

i have to opportunity to buy the banks turbo pipes with all hardware brand new, never installed with a 6.0 ic as a kit. My question is does $875 sound like a fair price and will the boost tubes need to be reduced to fit the ic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 02:19 PM

anybody have some input?
Old 06-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
What do the pipes cost new? I would assume you would only need the correct boots to make a 6.0 ic work, but the ic alone can go for round 100-250$,
Old 06-13-2012, 02:55 PM

called banks pipes alone are $900. Also how much of a upgrade is the techni cooler to the 6.0 ic?
Old 06-13-2012, 03:18 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Not sure on that, the 6.0 ic is larger IIRC than the cooler banks offers for the obs, but not 100% on that, I have one in my garage I'm gonna use eventually, but that seems like a deal there, it is a complete kit rite?
Old 06-13-2012, 03:18 PM
Hee Hee, he's doing it...

Techni Cooler is comparable to the 6.0 IC. Gale claimed to have done it first and Ford "stole the dimensions" from him. Kinda bitter guy. I think the biggest difference is how they mount in front of the radiator. The tubes are mandrel 3" except the turbo adapter. Measure the 6.0's ports to see if they are 3" also. Boots can be bought from anyone, you just need 2 straight boots and 2 bellowed boots Flow is great and it's a little thicker making the trans cooler a slight issue. With the tubes should also come the trans cooler relocation mounts or you'll have to make your own. Here is a pic of the pipes in my bay:

I'll see if I can get a good shot of the IC tonight.

Last edited by BigFuel; 06-13-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PwrStroke727 View Post
called banks pipes alone are $900. Also how much of a upgrade is the techni cooler to the 6.0 ic?
now call back and ask if you can have just their cooler for 500 buck's..... F%#K Banks
Old 06-13-2012, 03:37 PM

yes it is a complete kit, the guy bought it for just the techni cooler and wants to sell the pipe kit and 6.0 cooler to me....

Banks is Bullspit they said if i buy it seperate its $900 for the pipe n hardware then $900 for the ic

i was just wondering if i should act upon this or wait and buy the banks kit all together for 1400 n change but since you guys say the 6.0 ic is just as good ive got my decision mad. Thanks for all the input guys
Old 06-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Hee Hee, he's doing it...

Complete set retails for $1500. You NEED the trans relocation mounts or the cooler doesn't fit. After doing you will not be able to fit a winch bumper that isn't one of those $1800 steel set-ups. Plus you have to torch your front end for the big 3" tubes to pass through. Was scary but ended up ok. The thought of one torching the front support system and two slinging liquid metal back at the motor is hard on the brain. I used a restaurant style thick floor mat wet down with lots of water to catch the metal.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:46 PM

he has reassured me that all the hardware is there and i have seen the pics. Looks to be legit, as far as cutting the frame i have a torch if it comes down to that but cant i use a sawzall to cut the holes out and then file out the rough edges?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.