Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New truck. need ideas

938 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jdreswick 
#1 ·
:icon_ford:Hey guys. My dad just gave me his black 1995 f250 7.3 turbo. I love the truck and had some questions. I want to put an exhaust on it, what do you recomend,. Is a cold air intake worth it?. And since the truck has 200k on it is there any benefit to replaceing the stock injectors with stock rebuilt ones. or should i go straight to hybrids?

#2 ·
Intake- worth it, just get a 6637 filter and a piece of 4" pipe and there ya go.
Exhaust- I have had good luck with Diamond Eye, great fit, no complaints. Be sure to get turbo back and get rid of the original down pipe.
Injector- I have no idea, that stuff is over my head, still trying to learn.

#3 ·
^^^ what he said. What are your plans for the truck? What shape is tranny/clutch in? It should be set before new sticks go in. You probably don't need hybrids. Stage 1 or 2s make most people happy

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#4 ·
I love my MBRP exhaust. 3" DP is the main thing to go for, after that a 4" vs 5" pipe doesn't make any difference, other than sound.
Intake is up to you. DIY 6637 will be the cheapest, followed by Tymar and then AFE at the top end. All I can say with any certainty is stay away from K&N.
As far as sticks, make sure the rest of your truck can handle more power. This means checking out the HPOP, turbo, fuel system and transmission. Big injectors will eat any weak link alive. Hybrids are overkill unless you plan on doing some serious drag's or pulls. Stage I's will be plenty, or II's if you feel real ballsy.

#5 ·
get your self the DIY intake, 3" down pipe, 4 or 5" exhaust, i have diamond eye DP btw, and hybrids would prolly not be a great idea, unless you got the green backs to support it (custom tunes, turbo, hpop, trans) so stage 1's or 2's if you can come up with the waddage required to get a turbo a lil later down the road, but you still need a larger hpop regardless kause it will throw a code very quick

first and foremost, GET YOURSELF SOME GAUGES

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.