Intercooler with .84 housing and stage 1s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Intercooler with .84 housing and stage 1s

Hello fellas im looking into intercooling my 95 obs 5sp. I already have a .84 exhaust housing, ts chip , 4in exhaust, intake. I'm in the process of sending my injectors in to rosewood and them doing the stage 1s and I have already ordered gauges, but I have a good feeling I'll be needing a intercooler with stage ones and the small exhaust housing what do you guys think about this I really don't wanna change the housing again. Does anyone have the setup the would wanna sell intercooler and all ?? Or can I peice it together and be better off ? Any input would be awesome thanks guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

how much you lookn to spend on an intercooler set up, a kit is over 1000, if you wait you can get then used, can piece it together with an e-99 spyder and a SD intercooler for prolly a little under 600 unless your paitant and thrifty.

all depeds on how long you have to wait and how much you wana spend..... but i belive you will need an intercooler with that .84 housing, will be a mean street machine when your done but may not hold up to the stage 1s, may over boost a little
Old 04-22-2012, 04:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Im in no hurry it barleys moves anyway im away and work most of the time. Will the SD piping work so I really don't have to fab any pipes or anything. ? And btw the blue on your truck is badass you wouldn't happen to have te color code for thay would you ?
Old 04-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

How do you like the new housing? And how much did it raise your PSI? Kinda curious as I'm working on my IC now and would like a smaller housing till I get some injectors.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I really like the new housing not sure how much it raised my boost since I don't have gauges yet but I would say atleast 15 maybe 20 psi. It was just a pain in the *** to change it
Old 04-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Too cool for school

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to taylorking Send a message via Yahoo to taylorking
Hey bud, might wanna swap back to the stock 1.15 housing with those stage 1's. Your turbo is not gonna like that extra fuel with the smaller housing.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

What if I changed the turbo to a bigger one it was to much of a pain in the *** to change thy housing I refuse to do it again lol. I would like to do some more mods but not to sure what else to do this is my first Powerstroke and just doing the stuff I know about any other suggestions. I don't wanna spend to much money but the truck doesn't get out of the garage to much but I would rather spend my extra money on my psd than anything else
Old 04-23-2012, 12:14 PM

It should be a lot easier if it wasn't changed to long ago, and if you wanna sell it let me know.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Too cool for school

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to taylorking Send a message via Yahoo to taylorking
Quote:
Originally Posted by christian44 View Post
What if I changed the turbo to a bigger one it was to much of a pain in the *** to change thy housing I refuse to do it again lol. I would like to do some more mods but not to sure what else to do this is my first Powerstroke and just doing the stuff I know about any other suggestions. I don't wanna spend to much money but the truck doesn't get out of the garage to much but I would rather spend my extra money on my psd than anything else
Thats understandable. If you wanna drop an extra grand, you can have a D66
Old 06-07-2012, 04:52 PM

That small housing doesn't give you any egt issues with no intercooler? I want to do it but I'm not really interested in an intercooler anytime soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.