what do you guys think about your 1.0 exhaust housings? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what do you guys think about your 1.0 exhaust housings?

I'm very close to ordering one and was curious of peoples responses to these.

My driving is *primarily* hilly driving, very steep hills. Towing/carrying tractors, towing people, recovering people offroad/on the farm, and in deep deep snow where 4x4 is a must. Seems like a 1.0 housing would be beautiful for me, right?

Any downsides? Am I going to have no more top-end power if I make this move? After I do the 1.0 I'll be doing a swamps idm and beans tunes, fyi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 04:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Stay away from the 1.0 housing if you tow heavy loads on hilly roads.

A GOOD set of tunes on a TW style chip will have a better effect than the 1.0 housing.

You will NOT see any more power by putting the 1.0 housing on. The 1.0 housing does nothing but build boost faster and heat the engine up more because there isn't as large of an area for the exhaust to go.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:41 AM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^^^^ what he said said
Old 04-18-2012, 05:44 AM
Banned

I was doing some looking around, and apparently as long as you dont do injectors the 1.0 is fine? In fact, a lot of people have stage 1's and they say THOSE are fine with the 1.0 also?

You think I'll have egt troubles on hills with heavy loads? What if I use a Tow Tune while towing heavy... those are supposed to keep the heat down?
Old 04-18-2012, 06:43 AM
the baconator

i have the stock 1.15 housing and stock injectors, no IC and can hit over 1250* up medium hills with 16K behind me using TW heavy tow tune. there is a guy on here named eric who has a 1.0 housing and 200/30 injectors and runs that with no IC, but he doesn't tow and is looking into water/meth kit
Old 04-18-2012, 07:11 AM
Banned

Heavy tow tunes ARE hotter tunes though... a regular Tow Tune will keep egt's down better. Heavy Tunes also require larger injectors...
Old 04-18-2012, 07:16 AM
the baconator

in this case tony has two tunes tow for loads up to 10ish K and heavy tow for over that hs nothing to do with injector size
Old 04-18-2012, 07:22 AM
Banned

the regular tow-tune is for a stockish truck... it keeps egt's down and still gives a power increase. A heavy-tow tune will give more power, but keeps egt's up. Thats the diff between the two for all tuners. Heavy Tow's are hotter tunes.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I have the 1.0 housing and tow in very hilly terrain and have yet to see over 1200* but at this time I am running a older superchip. Future plans are stage 1.5 injectors with a php tune. I really like the instant boost I get from this housing. Even running 70 or so on the flats I have about 5 psi of boost. I'm sure that my egt's will go up a little with bigger injectors but if I can keep them below 1400* I will be happy. My bigger concern is that I already make 27-28 psi boost and bigger injectors will help push boost over 35 and the turbo may not live long with that. As far as using the 1.0 housing with stock injectors I consider it the best mod that I've done.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:37 AM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_305 View Post
the regular tow-tune is for a stockish truck... it keeps egt's down and still gives a power increase. A heavy-tow tune will give more power, but keeps egt's up. Thats the diff between the two for all tuners. Heavy Tow's are hotter tunes.
Not so sure if i agree with that. I was under the impression that heavy tow is defuled as the more load you have the hotter it will run so they turn down the fuel to keep temps safe. Thats why heavy tow tunes are like 50 hp while reg tow tunes are like 75. And they tune the shifting properties different on heavy tow and light tow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.