alright guys with injectors... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
alright guys with injectors...

Hey maybe you guys can save me some trouble

can you guys running bigger injectors tell me what stage you have and how they do towing? what works good for power and towing.

basically i'm shopping... i have a 8700 trailer i tow, not frequently, but long distances when i do, my truck is mostly a DD. i have an inter cooler and chip, hpop on the way. My inner Man says go big or go home, but reality is... what do i really need. I was liking the Rosewood stage 2.5's 200cc hybrid 30%, do you think they are too much without a turbo upgrade? i plan on doing one in the future. any experiece or insight would be awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 06:52 AM

om running rosewood stage 2.5 hybrids an love them im also intercooled with a adrenline hpop and beans tunning an with the stock turbo currently an stock fuel and theres plenty of power there with out the intercooler it got pretty warm towing a 9,000lbs skidsteer but it does pretty good now i was gonna get stage 3 but i do alot of towing and dint want it to get to hot with out doing more mods but im really happy with the stage 2.5 hybrids
Old 04-11-2012, 07:18 AM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
call jim at rosewood and see what he says. i am in the process of upgrading my engine and i called jim he said go with 2s however they scare me. i tow 16K lbs several times a year and 12K every other week. if you get bigger ones you can always detune them. that is what i think i'm going to do
Old 04-11-2012, 08:12 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have stage 1's from FFD and I love them. TONS of power. I'm running PHP tunes and he offers custom towing tunes. If you do go hybrids he can detune your tow tune down to a stage 1 and I would think that would be plenty for towing 8700 lbs. For towing I honestly don't think you need anything bigger than stage 1 power. But for play time the hybrids sure would be fun to have.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:42 AM

Right on y'all! I was wanting to hear what you guy with experience thought... I think those will suit me just fine. Are Yall running stock fuel systems?
Old 04-11-2012, 10:49 AM

i've got full force stage 1's and aftermarket fuel system with a stock turbo and hpop and mine tows fine. i have 4.10 gears and a 5spd also. i have a 40 ft delta flatbed i tow with mine. the trailer weighs 3600 alone. mine runs between 900 and 1000 degrees up hill at 15 lbs of boost with 2400lbs on the trailer and i have no intercooler or meth injection, yet.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:56 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by digicam_obs View Post
Right on y'all! I was wanting to hear what you guy with experience thought... I think those will suit me just fine. Are Yall running stock fuel systems?
I'm getting a full return system on the truck now. But before yes I had stock fuel. If you want the hybrids I would say go for it! Just have your tow detuned for stage 1 equivalent power IMHO. Because let's face it, your not gonna be hot rodding with 9K lbs on your ***.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by digicam_obs View Post
the stock fuel system can hardly keepup with stock injectors at WOT. if you go bigger you will need to do a e-fuel system. problem is with stock fuel it will run them and have plenty of power but everytime you drop below 50psi of pressure you are destroying you brand new injectors. could be wrong on the number but still you dont want them to wear out any faster then you have to so why stay on stock feul...

bigger sticks = E-feul!!!!, no way around it.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:39 PM

Mods in Sig.

My truck tows great. I pulled about 5000 lbs and got 17 mpg cruising 2400-2500 rpm. Powers great and egt's never went over 900 even up a little grade.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:38 PM

thanks again for all the info. was looking into an e fuel system, but i didn't know that it was that critical, and didn't know to keep that much fuel pressure. guess i'll be needing to get that all worked out soon. i like how yall are building custom systems, but I think i may still go with a kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.