tranny issues - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
tranny issues

Guys plain and simple I need a new Trans or a rebuild I'm not a millionaire. Help me out this is an issues that should be fixed soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to southern7.3
Have any plans for bigger power in the future?

regardless I wouldn't build, or buy, a stock trans, unless the budget only allowed that.

Check out a local reputable builder to rebuild it and get a good torque converter and valve body. Ask them about warranties also.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm not looking for to much more power it has alot now haha its just it has Ben shifting very rough into 4th gear and I lost a **** laid of low end torque almost like I have a boost leak but my gauges say everything is fine
Old 04-08-2012, 09:09 AM

i put the stock"black Box" reman trannt from ford in my truck for less than what most of the tranny shops in my area would re build mine. it comes with a 100k 3yr warranty and has something in the neighborhood of 15-20 upgrades to it since they rolled off the show room floor. the warranty alone is better than most 12-24k.....just saying
Old 04-08-2012, 09:56 AM

I had the same problem with my truck I went with a rebuilt one from ford and went thru that to thank god it was under warranty. If You only want to fix it once I would get one built I would talk to Brian at bts. He is going to build mine. You can ask almost anyone on here and they have nothing but good things to say about him.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 04-09-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87 rebel View Post
i put the stock"black Box" reman trannt from ford in my truck for less than what most of the tranny shops in my area would re build mine. it comes with a 100k 3yr warranty and has something in the neighborhood of 15-20 upgrades to it since they rolled off the show room floor. the warranty alone is better than most 12-24k.....just saying
now THAT is a good deal. mind saying how much it was exactly?
Old 04-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

my buddy ordered threw napa auto parts and put a heavy duty torque converter and hes pushing 450-500 hp and has had no problems. that ran him $2500 though.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:32 AM
Hillbilly Deluxe

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
A Ford Reman is fine if you keep things stock. If you start modding or adding power it wont hold up. Find a good builder in your area, make sure if you rebuild you get a shift kit installed and NEW solenoid pack, plus a heavy duty tc. Make sure they have a good warranty, anything less than 2yrs I would stay away from.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.com App
Old 04-13-2012, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted17 View Post
Guys plain and simple I need a new Trans or a rebuild I'm not a millionaire. Help me out this is an issues that should be fixed soon
Well if you're not a millionaire, maybe if you gave us more info, we could help you out with it.
Or get a BTS. Not a million, just around 4k iirc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted17 View Post
I'm not looking for to much more power it has alot now haha its just it has Ben shifting very rough into 4th gear and I lost a **** laid of low end torque almost like I have a boost leak but my gauges say everything is fine
Losing low end power can be many things.
Rough into 4th can still be many things. I don't see how either of those warrant a new trans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.