Farmer's Diesel Injectors vs. Full Force or Rosewood - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 07:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Farmer's Diesel Injectors vs. Full Force or Rosewood

I have nearly enough money saved for larger injectors, or I thought I did until I read the article titled 7.3 Fuel System Supercharge in the latest edition of Diesel World magazine.

In the article they took a 96 Powerstroke with 250,000 miles that made 243 hp on the dyno and added a set of Farmer's Diesel 200cc/100% over Sure Flow Injectors. The injectors alone added 125 hp to 358 hp. Then they added a Terminator T500 which added another 16 hp to make 374 hp and 767 ft/lbs. At that point they hit a limiting factor of the stock turbo and/or not enough oil flow. They indicated they believed that over 425 hp was possible with these injectors.

Has anyone else used these injectors? I believe they are considered stage II injectors. I called Farmer's and was very impressed with the knowledge of how injectors work etc. I added my name to the waiting list of 22 people that have ordered these injectors since the article came out.

Has anyone had any experience with these injectors? Are they far and away better than either Full Force or Rosewood stage 1.5 180/30% over injectors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 08:16 AM

Not that I know anything about performance injectors, but I'm always leery of the stuff written about in the magazines (no matter what automotive platform you're dealing with). You will very rarely (if ever) see any negative stuff written about anything they install or "test" as they don't want to tick off their paying advertisers (always the bottom line). I'm sure much of the performance is going depend on the tuning that goes along with the injectors. Hopefully there are some folks here that have run them and can provide some insight, because for the most part the forums will provide a less biased review (JMHO). Cheers!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:39 AM

Patrick, I agree. This is precisely why I am trying to see if anyone has any real word knowledge of Farmer's Diesel Injectors.

Interestingly enough, I seem to remember a couple guys at work that run Super Duty 7.3s recommending these injectors to me some time ago. I had never heard of them until that point and now this article is basically saying what they told me months ago.

I am also a bit concerned for my stock tranny if I go to these stage II injectors. I was planning on going 180cc stage ones with stock nozzles. Then I decided, ok I will go for it with stage 1.5 injectors of 180cc with 30% over nozzles. These are stage II 200cc with 100% over nozzles. In my mind's eye, I can see pieces of transmission laying all over the road.

These injectors seem to almost drive a larger turbo as well. A D66 would be the easiest but, a 38R and new up pipes may be even better.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Full A-Team Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would think if the injectors were that good, they would have made a whole lot more than the hp they did...just my .02
Old 02-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I like dealing with Jim at roosewood awesome customer service. And There are some guys making 350hp with stage ones and a few other mods. Like Ford man said if they are that good they should put down more than that. If it was me id pick a hp that u wanna shot for and talk to an injector builder and they will set u up with something nice. thats my 2 cents
Old 02-20-2012, 06:14 PM

Radcustoms, that's a good idea. 400 hp seems like a nice number but, maybe 375 is more realistic without having to completely rebuild my stock transmission. Jim at Rosewood does seem like a great guy. If I bought his injectors, I can get them much sooner because they are WAY less expensive.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:17 PM

Go with Jim hands down. I've emailed him a few times and he is a great seller. I'm working on core issues right now but I plan to send out two sets of cores his way when I get ready to purchase my stage 2's.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:32 AM

I know a few guys running the Farmer's injectors and they are happy with them. I'll leave it at that.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:52 PM

I suppose there are people that like just about every injector brand out there. Any of them would provide a huge power increase over the stock injectors. I was really curious how widespread the love for Farmer's diesel injectors spread. It sounds like this brand of injector is mainly confined to the super duty guys at this point?
Old 02-22-2012, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
I suppose there are people that like just about every injector brand out there. Any of them would provide a huge power increase over the stock injectors. I was really curious how widespread the love for Farmer's diesel injectors spread. It sounds like this brand of injector is mainly confined to the super duty guys at this point?
No, not so much. I know at least 2 guys with OBS trucks that run them, and there are others that have OBS trucks as well but not anyone I know. The owner of Farmer's only peddles his goods on one forum, and he's... uh... not so well liked on a few of the other forums.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.