Aftermarket Exhaust Kits - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Aftermarket Exhaust Kits

First off, I know there are a TON of exhaust kits for these trucks, but here's my question for those of you who are required to run cats (not the feline ) in your state.

Is there a bolt on kit out there you recommend that allows you to swap out a straight-pipe and a cat during your smog test? I want to straight pipe my truck, but state law requires visual inspection for pass so I need something thats a bolt-on.

My other question are you able to use a cat with the 3" DP that MBRP sells? I have seen on their website that will not work?? Temporary only ofcourse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Premium Member

The Diamond Eye kits allow you to bolt the cat back up. Their downpipes have a ball flange on the end. I have only installed exhaust on two trucks, both Diamond Eye, I just cut right in front of the cat to keep the female part of the flange, and bolted the rest up to create a straight pipe. I bet you could get a cat delete pipe when you want a straight pipe and take it out and install your cat to make it look good for inspection.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Exactly what I was looking for thank you! Is the Diamond Eye DP same basic idea as MBRP? ....no real edge one over the other?
Old 02-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Premium Member

I can't say for sure, it fits really good and have had no issues so far. If I buy exhaust for any other truck it will most likely be Diamond Eye. The only thing that I don't like about Diamond Eye, don't know if any others have them, but I wish that they had band clamps instead of the u-bolt type(not sure exactly what they are called).
Old 02-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
supposedly the mbrp does in a lil easier, i did a diamond eye and had to hit the firewall a bit to fit, but they are both 3" for the most part
Old 02-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fifty View Post
supposedly the mbrp does in a lil easier, i did a diamond eye and had to hit the firewall a bit to fit, but they are both 3" for the most part
I just used a big prybar that we have and pryed against the pinch weld. It took me longer to get the old dp out than to put the new ones in. I think they go in easy and fit well. That's just my experience though.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:02 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
yeah same here on removal and install lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.