Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

E fuel system

8K views 37 replies 7 participants last post by  Frozen Redneck 
#1 ·
ive been reading a lot about different ways guys have set up e fuel on there truck and was wondering what kind of prices you guys have found on the pump and filter set ups?

Ive been considering just biting the bullet and spending the money for a e fuel set up since i need to change my mechanical pump out since its leaking. what are you guys thoughts on the change? pros/cons?

#32 ·
reg 30A fuse will work fine thats what im using and look for a flow arrow

#33 ·
I had looked and there isn't any flow arrows. Is the end with the electrical the inlet or outlet?

#35 ·
thats how mine is and its a Carter brand^

#36 ·
so i just finished up my e fuel swap and everything went pretty good. had to modify my mount a fer times. i ended up using the bango bolt (even though i wasnt planning too) took it to napa and the found a cap that fit but needed to cut a little off the bango bolt to get enough length. (about 3 threads) then drilled and tapped for a 3/8 barb. fitting was like $1.69 ill look and c if i have a part number in cae anyone is interested in using it when they do a e fuel swap. ended up using a 19 micron prefilter with water seperator and a 2 micron post filer. set fpr at 65 psi. does seem to idle smoother and seemed like it had better throttle response although it was kinda hard to tell since i took my programmer off and havnt got my chip installed yet. deff glad i did it. makes the valley look a lot better and eliminated my fuel leak issues.

#37 ·
I fixed my leaks too I bent and flared new 3/8" SS tubing and used flaretite seals to help the flares seal better than just metal to metal I really don't miss my trucks engine bay smelling like diesel fuel at all or the impossible dripping in the driveway

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.