looking for some gauges - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 01-22-2012, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
looking for some gauges

I've got a 97 F350 I just bought a 3 pillar pod last night, and I'm in need of some gauges, I would like to get some white faced gauges, I've searched the internet up and down, i cant find any I really like if anyone knows of a place that sells them or you have some for sell, I would greatly appreciate it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 01-22-2012, 06:37 PM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
paul at complete performance (cptrucks.com) i have autometer z series, black face gauges tho, but i know he sells the white ones as well, good luck

-Kris-
2000 excursion V10 2wd 230k
2000 Excursion 7.3 4x4 246k
1995 CCLB DRW 324K
2001 CCLB DRW 319K
Dp tuner infinity, exhaust, intake, chipped, tricked, and wrecked
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine5811
The stock downpipe in an OBS is flat because I'm a ginger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alberta 7.3
Finding a decent woman is like shopping for a used truck. You spend most of your time picking through the money pits, wrecks, and basket cases until you find one that you can tolerate
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFLASH
Well at least you caught the loose bolts before they cause any damage. Nothing worse than a sloppy hole
post #3 of 16 Old 01-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

DIESELMANOR GAUGE KITS at DieselManor

Zac
97 F-350 sclb
3" dp 5" exhaust
6637 intake
ts chip tw tunes
rosewood stage 1's
cali to 49 state PCM swap.
American Racing AR23 wrapped with 265/75 General Grabber AT2
20% window tint
Tinted taillights
Kenwood headunit
Kenwood speakers all the way around
8" kicker subwoofer

post #4 of 16 Old 01-23-2012, 04:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Autometer Phantom Guages, summit, jegs, ect... they all carry them

src="
border="0" alt="" />
3" DP/ 4" Exhaust, DIY intake, 6.0 intercooler, Top End Fab. Duct work, DIY Fuel Pressure Shim, Autometer Gauges, Powr Hungry 6 Way Chip
post #5 of 16 Old 01-23-2012, 05:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Go to autometer and start scrolling through their myriad of gauges. They have all kinds of white faced ones.

2000 F-350 Lariat Super Duty, Dually, CCLB, 7.3L
4R100, 2wd
330,000 + miles
post #6 of 16 Old 01-23-2012, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Are the Isspro EV gauges (thanks for the dieselmanor link whistlin dixie!) worth a lot more than GlowShift?

Both offer a 3 gauge (EGT, boost and trans temp) combination with thermocouples and gauge pods.

I've got a Aeroforce interceptor coming soon so the GlowShift Quad pod makes for a completed package. And I've have to buy the 4 gauge pod separately, and the Isspro three gauge package is almost half again as much.

(This truck is spending me broke.)

Denton, TX

I envy those that know exactly which modification to make and in the most logical of sequences. But not enough to trade for my meanderings and misfires.

1996 F250 crew cab/short bed, 4x4, auto PSD, 6637 air filter, interior grab handles, stainless window vents, remote door locks work with engine running mod.

post #7 of 16 Old 01-23-2012, 05:55 PM

Isspro is just higher quality. Pods are pods, no difference in brand to me. Some gauges are just better than others.
Isspro and autometer are the more popular, better ones in that order.
That said, glowshifts have worked fine for others, but have had more bad than other brands.

4R100, 2wd
330,000 + miles
post #8 of 16 Old 01-23-2012, 06:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I got the glowshifts and i like them so far. If you get the 7 color series you can have any color you want.

1995 Ford F350 7.3 XLT
4 inch straight pipe
AEM Brute Force Intake
GlowShift Gauges, TS performance chip

post #9 of 16 Old 01-25-2012, 03:38 PM

My understanding is that Isspro are made in the USA, Autometer and Glowshift are made in China. I've got Autometer EGT and Tranny temp right now, because thats what the truck came with. No compaints.
I'll be selling the Autometers this summer and getting some Isspro however. Thats just because I don't like anything made by a rice eating commie anywhere near my truck.
post #10 of 16 Old 01-25-2012, 04:15 PM

Better get a lot of stuff of your truck then

4R100, 2wd
330,000 + miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode