Rosewood Diesel budget built stage 2 injectors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rosewood Diesel budget built stage 2 injectors

Hey guys I'm looking to get my injectors rebuilt at rosewood with there stage 2 kit and I was wondering if anybody had them on there truck, how do you like them and how much do they smoke with a 140HP tune any info is greatly appreciated

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2011, 08:51 AM

I have read nothing but good things about the Rosewood budget injectors.

I too am looking at buying Rosewood budget injectors. I am on the fence between getting the stage 1 in 180cc or the stage II injectors. I have already done all the mods to ready my truck for stage I injectors.

If I do go with stage II injectors, I would have to go to a bigger turbo (probably a D66) and definately have to get my transmission redone before making the move. With the stage I injectors I think I could get by with the stock tranny if I promise to be good. I am also lured in by the promise of better fuel econimy with the stage I injectors.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:55 AM

Ya I haven't heard anything but good about them too and I think I can make my stock granny work out really well as long as I don't just Nash it down out of nowhere hopefully
Old 12-26-2011, 05:45 PM

How is it that stage 1's get better mpgs than a stock injector? Is that comparing new injectors to old and worn out injectors? Or the fact that the injectors would get worse if you were wot as they deliver more fuel? Thus the same pedal between injectors the stage 1's get better?
Old 12-26-2011, 06:07 PM
CSP Resident Spooby

I have a stock transmission in my truck, with stage 1 injectors and 6-position chip from PHP (which stays on the 140hp tune most of the time). I have quite the lead foot, and so far my tranny is holding up fine. Which is surprising because I can light the tires up in 2nd gear from a roll and put her sideways on dry pavement if I do it right. I just avoid boosted launches. On the other hand, my tranny doesn't even have 40k on it...

I think you'll be fine on a stock tranny with stage 1's as long as you can control your foot

And I think better MPG's comes from the truck not having to work as hard. When my truck was stock, going uphill at 55 mph at about 1,600 RPM, I had to put the pedal down just before the point of shifting out of OD to maintain speed, because at those RPM's it wouldn't build any boost. Now, my truck effortlessly maintains 55 on any hill and build 6-7 lbs of boost even at 1,500 to 1,600 RPM, and will accelerate uphill in OD with ease.

But, on another note, I have heard great things about Rosewood injectors. I bought mine from BDP, but only because I hadn't heard of Rosewood at the time.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Shade tree mechanic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have rosewood 1s. Holding up nicely, Jim definately knows how to build injectors
Old 12-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Full A-Team Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
X3 on Rosewood.
I got better MPG after installing the stage 1's but I had 2 very worn out injectors
Old 12-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Shaking the Bush Boss

i am running Rosewoods Stage II budjet built injctors. I have had no problem whatsoever. Aprox 20k miles since install. I'm running a 6 pos chip tuned by cale, smokes pretty good in all the tunes.... my biggest problem ... stock turbo.

Word of advice ... Swap your stock 15*hpop with atleast a 17* hpop from a SD truck. Your 15* will run the injectors but at higher demands, you'll starve the injectors for oil.
I have a 17* and have no problems, even though I've been told differently
Old 12-26-2011, 06:37 PM
CSP Resident Spooby

Hey Chuck, what all do you have done to to your truck, except the obvious HPOP/sticks/chip? I like the numbers your truck put down, and since I'm wanting to dyno my truck here soon I was hoping for some similar numbers, although mine probably won't be as high. I have stage 1's and a 6-position chip as well, but only have a stock HPOP (which is still very healthy). It pulls pretty hard, but I want some real numbers to see.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:00 PM

I'm sure there are others but, this injector came to mind. Here's a link to Swamps Stage 1.5 injectors. They are claiming 2-3 MPG improvement with the injectors.

Swamp's Webstore - 175/146 Single Shot Injectors, Tow (Mild Street) 175/146
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.