diy injectors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Location: Casar n.c. A little town of about 600 people i think.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
diy injectors

has any body did the stage 1 diy injectors? if so, what are the milling specs on the intensifier piston to achieve 160cc's? thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2010, 01:48 PM

come on guys...somebody has to know this. I can get my hands on everything i need to upgrade/rebuild my injectors cheap...but i need those specs.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:24 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ive been looking at the same kit online and they have pre made pistons for the injectors you can buy for just 200 more the only thing stopping me from getting the kit is that i need to get a hpop first and im building my truck up when i have the money for it what web site did you find that kit on
Old 09-10-2010, 07:27 PM

PowerStroke 7.3 Injectors thats the web site i found them on and its 225 not 200 for the pistons sorry
Old 09-11-2010, 03:22 AM

i see what your saying...200 is cheap beside the 1200 it would cost to have injectors built. The thing is this...i can get everything i need to do the same diy build as the one you posted for around 85 dollars. That would be parts only...no instructions, tools or MILLING SPECS. I have everything i need to do the injectors...even milling tools, i just need those piston specs. I kinda understand it is a "secret" that u BUY in the kit but i just thought someone who had bought the kit may still have the specs laying around.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:42 AM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
Its not a secret. An OBS injector is what 100cc? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

But on the top side of the piston it is the oil chamber and on the bottom it is fuel.

So take some measurements with some precision measurement tools, and do the math it will tell you the exact CC of your stock injecotrs.

Then decide what you want to go with. You can make them 160cc or 175cc even 180cc if you want. PM me with any other details you want.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereku View Post
Its not a secret. An OBS injector is what 100cc? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

But on the top side of the piston it is the oil chamber and on the bottom it is fuel.

So take some measurements with some precision measurement tools, and do the math it will tell you the exact CC of your stock injecotrs.

Then decide what you want to go with. You can make them 160cc or 175cc even 180cc if you want. PM me with any other details you want.
i think i see what u mean but i'll need some way of fluid measurement to do it that way, right? I was sort'a think'n there might be a length wise measurement that you would wanna mill the pistons to in order to achive 160cc's. I have dial calipers and what not...thought the kits might say "you need to mill pistons to 1.555 inches (just an example, i have no idea) to get 160cc's".
Old 09-14-2010, 06:52 PM

let me try this again...if you did the diy injectors on your tk, can you please pm me the deminsions to mill the intensifier piston to in order to get 160ccs.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:49 AM

seems I read somewhere that splitshots wre 160 cc's, could it be a simple as changing intensifier pistons??? Just thinking out loud, as I have no ideal actually...
Old 10-13-2010, 05:02 PM

i was read that the split shot injectors where used in either the california psd or the 98-03 sd psd but you could be right about the 160cc injection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.