dump question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dump question

All the custom tunes i have pretty much seen can only give a stock truck 140 extra horsepower. some tunners are more expensive then others. Whats the differnce with it all. is it when they bring there fuel tables in or what. i just dont see why you would want to pay more when u can get the same power cheaper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2010, 06:22 AM

any one got anything
Old 09-06-2010, 07:10 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
in less you get injectors and supporting mods you can only go so far no mater what tune you run.
stock injectors will only flow 95cc's you tunes MAY say 140 but you are no way geeting that with stock injectors!
your better off with wa chip you can always get it reburned when you upgrade your injectors.

Last edited by Cratos; 09-06-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:14 AM
PMR = JUNK

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
No matter what a tuner says the HP rating on a tune is, you most likely arent getting it. For example, TS has a 140 tune. I promise that you are not getting and extra 140 horse. The stock injectors simply cant inject enough fuel for that, not even the newer 7.3's.

The reason that some chips are more expensive, such as the custom tuned chips compared to a TS, is the quality of the tuning. You get what you pay for. I guarantee if an identical truck as mine and me got into a race, the only difference being that he has a TS, i will win every time.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
No matter what a tuner says the HP rating on a tune is, you most likely arent getting it. For example, TS has a 140 tune. I promise that you are not getting and extra 140 horse. The stock injectors simply cant inject enough fuel for that, not even the newer 7.3's.

The reason that some chips are more expensive, such as the custom tuned chips compared to a TS, is the quality of the tuning. You get what you pay for. I guarantee if an identical truck as mine and me got into a race, the only difference being that he has a TS, i will win every time.
so take two stock 7.3 truck say 97 modules if i ran a tw burnt chip and he had a ts chip i would bet him. now is this because of where the fuel tables come on with a tw chip? im just wondering i here so much about all kinds of people like power hungary, Tony wildman, Beans diesel performance. and many many more. and its hard for me to decide who to go with. buy listening to all the folks on here it dont seem like u can go wrong no matter which way you turn. im just blank
Old 09-06-2010, 05:57 PM

Location: Casar n.c. A little town of about 600 people i think.
has any body put the "tw compared to ts chip" thing to test? The reason i ask is because i plan to buy a chip soon and i can get a ts for around $250 verses $450 or more for the tw. Just a question...no offence intended. Another reason i ask is because 99 out of 100 people on the site will tell you a superchips is worthless unless you bought it to read codes...i had one in my 99' and loved every minute of it. The tk would smoke the tires through drive and still get 18 or 19 mpgs if you stayed out of it. But then maybe i owned the only good one they made. I'm not looking to build a drag...if i wanna go fast i'll fire up the 72 ford tk with 4.11s and a 600 horse 460. It'll take off in 3rd smoke'n the tires.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:06 PM
PMR = JUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wd_sled_puller_dmax View Post
so take two stock 7.3 truck say 97 modules if i ran a tw burnt chip and he had a ts chip i would bet him. now is this because of where the fuel tables come on with a tw chip? im just wondering i here so much about all kinds of people like power hungary, Tony wildman, Beans diesel performance. and many many more. and its hard for me to decide who to go with. buy listening to all the folks on here it dont seem like u can go wrong no matter which way you turn. im just blank
The custom tuned chips are better tunes than the generic off the shelf tuners. They can adjust things specifically to your truck, as opposed to TS, edge, etc that have to make their tunes work on every truck. You really cant go wrong with any custom tuned chip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy hull View Post
has any body put the "tw compared to ts chip" thing to test? The reason i ask is because i plan to buy a chip soon and i can get a ts for around $250 verses $450 or more for the tw. Just a question...no offence intended. Another reason i ask is because 99 out of 100 people on the site will tell you a superchips is worthless unless you bought it to read codes...i had one in my 99' and loved every minute of it. The tk would smoke the tires through drive and still get 18 or 19 mpgs if you stayed out of it. But then maybe i owned the only good one they made. I'm not looking to build a drag...if i wanna go fast i'll fire up the 72 ford tk with 4.11s and a 600 horse 460. It'll take off in 3rd smoke'n the tires.
You get what you pay for, simple as that. And if you were to put a custom chip on your truck and got rid of the superchips, you would notice one hell of a difference.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:12 PM

the superchips is gone...it was on the 99' i had. the tk i wanna get a chip for is a 94'. I'm sure there is a difference but is it a $200 or more difference? The tk is basically stock nowso anything is an improvement. How much diff between tw and ts chips? if it's only 20 hp i'll never notice that with what i use the tk for.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:21 PM
PMR = JUNK

You'd notice it. The big thing with the custom tuners also is that if you make modifications, they can retune it to make better use of those mods.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:29 PM

notice it as in power wise...torque curve...enconomy...smoothness...or all of the above?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.