what do you think? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what do you think?

when i was interduced to diesle's a few years ago worken with my cousin paving driveways, the badest truck he had was powered by a cat that was smaller (in displacement) then the rest. so since then iv always wanted a caterpillar powered vehicle. well now since i have a 97 f350 cc i was thinking of doing a motor swap to a cat since most people do newer powerstrokes or cummins and well im sure itl be one of a kind. im lookin at a older 7.2l 3126 6cyl. motor.
let me know what you think? is it even possiable? i would think it be the same as putten in a cummins right? besides the mounts and what not. those im sure would have to be fabed. and also i wanna find one and take mesurments and see wat it compares to a cummins
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2010, 10:11 AM

that would be really cool cause ive never seen it done. I dont know it would be as easy as doing a cummins swap though cause its not as commin. There are companies out there that make stuff for swapping a cummins into a ford but not a cat.

But I would still say go for it man, that would be cool
Old 07-20-2010, 10:14 AM

yea still trying to see if our goverment has any that there gettin rid but so far no luck. if i can get the motor i can make it work. iv always been told if theres a will theres a way lol.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Supporting Vendor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Good luck. Those engines are HUGE at 1600 lbs. and 4 ft. in length. You will have to modify everything to make the truck live with it's weight and torque.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:26 PM

yea that wat i fig. but i lookin into wat i can mod on the 3116 cuz there at 1200lbs so itl be a lil smaller and there mechanical unlike the 3126. but they dont put out as much power. i wanna find a emergency vehicle that has one in it and see wat they use. i also know the the 6500 gm trucks have them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.