obs FPR shim mod question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 02:19 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
obs FPR shim mod question

do u honestly need a gauge to read fuel pressure.. cause i have everythin i need to do it but the gauge.. i had to order one.. but for temp can i jus use a cap where the gauge would go.. wud that be alright or is the gauge important so u can see if ur fuel pressure is spikin.. but if it wer coudnt i tell when it was running?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
you might not be able to tell and you could cause leaks. but i never checked, i just slap em in there and let it go
Old 07-10-2010, 07:19 PM

i threw mine in. without checking. but the added pressure is better for my 160 injectors anyways
Old 07-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Banned

get the fpr housing from bob at diesel orings comes with 3 springs up to 67 psi max pressure cool housing and also get a fitting for easy test and or install of a fuel pressure regulator sending unit for a guage or just manual guage checking...

56.00 for kit 10 or 15 for fitting he gave me one to test out when i ordered a black cps works great I know I have good fuel pressure ..I am going to install a regulated return from riff raff for 130.00 and a high pressure oil crossover so when I rebuild my injectors I know I will never have issues of starving 8 or 1 for fuel .....my number 8 just died on me made truck knock so bad thought a main bearing pooped...scared me to death!

Doing rosewood diesel injector rebuilds ordered em last week 275.00 for entire kit~
Old 07-11-2010, 05:44 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokedOut154 View Post
do u honestly need a gauge to read fuel pressure.. cause i have everythin i need to do it but the gauge.. i had to order one.. but for temp can i jus use a cap where the gauge would go.. wud that be alright or is the gauge important so u can see if ur fuel pressure is spikin.. but if it wer coudnt i tell when it was running?
Just wait till you get your gauge. I did the FPR shim in my truck a while back and it was worthless. My fuel pressure was already at 65-70 psi. When i did the shim it made it to like 90psi. So thats why i say you should have a gauge, to much fuel pressure can really mess things up.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKE_THIS_F-250 View Post
Just wait till you get your gauge. I did the FPR shim in my truck a while back and it was worthless. My fuel pressure was already at 65-70 psi. When i did the shim it made it to like 90psi. So thats why i say you should have a gauge, to much fuel pressure can really mess things up.
How do i do this on my 97 and where did you get your te hpop
Old 09-28-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springturner View Post
How do i do this on my 97 and where did you get your te hpop
Terminator Engineering. You have to email him, he doesn't list the modded 17 on his web site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.