Manifold Question?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 06:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Manifold Question??

I could have SWORN I had a 9/99 F250 superduty untill I ordered a manifold for it and found out the hard way I messed up. My truck is really a 9/98 superduty and the part I ordered won't fit. I ordered this... aFe BladeRunner Charged Air Manifold - 99.5-03 Ford Powerstroke 7.3L
The reason it wouldn't fit was because the boots that connect it to the motor (next to the valve cover) was to small to go over the manifold and then the part that should hook to the turbo looked really large as well. Is there really that much of a difference between the two years, 98 verses 99? Can the 98 be updated to the 99 size ports? I ordered this part over 30 days ago when I ordered a whole truck load of parts because my truck was totaled out one night and I bought it back from the insurance company and rebuilt the truck my self. Since I did all the work my self a couple hours each night it did take me a while to finish the truck. I am not mad ad the supplier but now I have a 300.00 part thats useless to me. Sorry for the long post. All advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2010, 10:43 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you have an early 99 wich uses 2 inch plenums like the 94.5-97 Powerstroke the difference is not much. now in mid 99 ford decide to make a few changes on the 7.3L diesel turbo hpop ect.. but the most important part for you is they went from a 2" plenum to a 3" plenum you will need the 3" Manifolds that bolt to the head the spider itself 3" boots and i believe you will need to change the turbo setup for the to run the 99.5 stuff anyways I am sure others will chime in with more info.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:11 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rantheman View Post
you have an early 99 wich uses 2 inch plenums like the 94.5-97 Powerstroke the difference is not much. now in mid 99 ford decide to make a few changes on the 7.3L diesel turbo hpop ect.. but the most important part for you is they went from a 2" plenum to a 3" plenum you will need the 3" Manifolds that bolt to the head the spider itself 3" boots and i believe you will need to change the turbo setup for the to run the 99.5 stuff anyways I am sure others will chime in with more info.
Make sure I understand you correctly(forgive me) The ports on the block can be updated either new or off of a wrecked truck,with new boots to connect it to the manifold. Then the intake housing on the turbo needs to be changed out as well OR the whole turbo itself because it needs the bigger inlet housing? Would this be worth my while or does this mess with my injectors etc...

One more quick question, does this mean my HPOP is a 15* not a 17* since its a early 99? Thanks again for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.