Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Ats or Bts

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Welderman2008 
#1 ·
i was looking at getting a new transmission and i was considereing an ATS or Brians truck shop tranny, i have a 96 f250 and im looking to build 300-350 hp and around 700 ft-lbs....:icon_ford:

#4 ·
Just wondering but why bts over ats. They seem to have a better warranty

#5 ·
You cant beat BTS's warranty. I have heard some bad things about ATS customer service. No matter how long you have your BTS Brian will always take care of you.

#6 ·
My main reason is b/c I'm from about 30-45 minutes away and i've met Brian and Cale several times, been around the shop and stuff.

I've heard plenty of stories how Brian goes out of his way to stand behind the product and resolve any issues that come up. I never bought a transmission product off him at all, and had mainly dealt with Cale for tuning and repairs on my 6.0. Well, my trans started acting up(im 1200 miles away) and I gave Brian a call, he diagnosed it over the phone and even walked me thru replacing that solenoid in the trans. That alone shows a level of respect and service you may not find elsewhere.

#7 ·
350 and 700? Stock reman with a good converter and valve body will do everything you need it to IMO. If you'll want more later then go with the BTS. I don't have any personal experience with either, but I've never seen a single bad customer service complaint about BTS. Seen a lot over the years with ATS. BTS is a small family owned business too.

#9 ·
Another good thing about BTS is they wont sell you something you dont need. They just threw in a converter and valve body for my cousins 7.3L instead of selling him a full build.

Give em a call they'll set you up.

#17 ·
That is so so true! its amazing how they try and have you buy as little as possible, if you dont NEED the full transmision they will talk you out of it, rather than the other way around with most salesman
BTS all the way man, i have never bought a product from there, but have called and talked to Brian at least 3 times on problems with my trans and what route i should go with it, he always helped out and lead me in the right direction.
yeah listen to John, his transmission is built for a semi

#10 ·
But see the thing is idk how many miles the tranny has on it and idk who rebuilt it I just bought the truck a few weeks ago with 217xxx on it

#12 ·
If you know it's been rebuilt already, open it up, install a triple disc and a valve body and rock out... :thumb:

Why drop any more coin than you have to right now. You said you just bought it. Unless you're tranny is having trouble right now you're putting the cart in front of the horse.

#11 ·
A week or so ago my friend was at BTS and there was a ATS transmission on the floor of his shop, My friend ask what's that doing here, and Brian said we rebuild them also.
That's all I have to say.
Doug

#14 ·
ok guys thanks for the info, now when you say a good torque converter and valve body what would be a good one to go with?

#16 ·
Call BTS, they can set you up with both!

#15 ·
Let Brian rebuild your tranny and use his torque converter and valve body. You will be a happy camper if you let him fix your truck, because he will do it right the first time.
Doug

#18 ·
I have an ATS, I reccomend BTS

#22 ·
hey I appreciate the honesty this is some great info:thumb::woot:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.