6.0 Intercooler swap and 6.0 pipes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 Intercooler swap and 6.0 pipes

Anyone that has installed 6.0 intercooler, did you use 6.0 intercooler pipes also? Or if anyone has, what all was invloved in making them work? Also anyone with picture's of a 6.0 intercooler swap would be great as im hopeing to have all parts to do swap by next week!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2010, 09:42 AM

The 6.0 pipes are way too short to even try it. I put a 6.0 intercooler in my truck along with a 6.0 trans cooler. It is a tight fit but its all in there.

I ordered 3" aluminum tubing from Vibrant Performance online. I used 5 of the 90 degree bends, and 1 18" straight piece. TIG welded everything together. But I also did not go buy a Early '99 spyder, I just cut mine apart and used different pieces of exhaust tubing to make everything fit.

The only problem I am having is that the 6.0 intercooler boots have a ridge on the inside that is supposed to "lock" into the factory pipes that have a groove in them. My pieces are completely flat, and are blowing off above 20psi. As soon as I get some sort of lip on them, all will be good. I should have started with the 6.0 intercooler pipes with the groove in them, and welded the rest of the system to those.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:45 AM

Awesome thanks man!! I think im going to do what this guy did, but instead use the E99 intake spyder

6.0L intercooler install in '92-'96 body - Fourdoorbronco forums
Old 06-10-2010, 10:17 AM

I did pretty much the same thing with the spider, and the pipes. If I wasn't such a cheap a$$, I would have bought the spider for an early 99. If it is in your budget, get it. It is much easier that way. Or if you have a few more dollars, buy the banks piping kit. Looks much nicer, and flows much better.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:15 PM

I cut the 6.0 pipes apart and used pieces along with some more I bought at the local swap meet. I made my own spyder and copied the banks design.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:26 PM

I might do that, use some of the 6.0 pipes like to put on the intercooler and build my own pipe going to the E99 spyder.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:47 PM

ya.it takes time but its worth it. I just picked up a set of 7.3 superduty pipes for $40 saturday. Check your local junkyards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.