stage 2's supporting mods - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
stage 2's supporting mods

thanks for taking the time to view...

i had a few questions i hope you guys could answer for me, first off i have a early 99 sd with the 6spd, i recently just got a motor out of a 95 van that is a ford reman motor with 200 miles on it that i am looking to build and swap in. i want to build it with stage 2's,

my question mostly involves the necessary mods to support stage 2's from rosewood.
-turbo-will the one from the van i got work, i cant find a FAQ page for turbo info. so as of now i have the stock turbo off the 95 van and the stock early 99 turbo.

other things i will need?
-17*hpop
-tymar intake
-newer PCM PMT1 or PMT2
-gauges
-exhaust

would head studs be necessary?

thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2010, 05:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well with the stage II's I just got, my mods are: industrial stage II's, adrenaline, electric fuel, tunes from matt @Gearhead, exhaust, 6637 intake, gauges. Stock turbo for now till i can afford something else. Head studs arent necessary with good tuning, but it never hurts to have it.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

great thanks, sounds like a sound setup. do you know anything about the van turbos out of a 95 van? i was hoping to not buy a h2e or d66. i have read about ppl using the van turbos but i have not seen any pics or really specific information regaurding their use?
Old 05-12-2010, 04:48 PM

Im not to sure about the van turbos. I would get a d66 if all the bigger your gonna go is stage II's. I plan on going to 250 hybrids when i get sick of the twos so I'm hoping when the time comes, I can afford a turbo thats up to the task the hybrids
Old 05-12-2010, 10:06 PM

Intercooler would probably be a good thing to have
Old 05-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Serving Our Country!

van turbos are a 1.5 housing.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:00 AM

Not to derail the thread but how bad does your truck smoke red stroker? I am buying a 97 obs with a 5 speed and am wanting to do stage 2s with a D66 but do not want to much smoke while towing and daily driving.

Everyone says its fun and sometimes it is but when your towing heavy stuff it kinda sucks cause It gets all over the stuff your towing and I dont want to have to always be looking out for a cop
Old 05-13-2010, 08:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i have the intercooler already, since my rig is a early 99. the van turbo has a 1.10 ar on the comp housing and from what all i have read thus far it seems that the exhaust side is a 1.15 ar. it does have the ebpv in it but i would have no problem gutting it if this will satisfy the stage 2's for necessary air flow. so in all that rambling i guess my question is will this van turbo work? what would i need to make it work? an ats housing? gutting the ebpv?
Old 05-13-2010, 09:31 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor95f350 View Post
Not to derail the thread but how bad does your truck smoke red stroker? I am buying a 97 obs with a 5 speed and am wanting to do stage 2s with a D66 but do not want to much smoke while towing and daily driving.

Everyone says its fun and sometimes it is but when your towing heavy stuff it kinda sucks cause It gets all over the stuff your towing and I dont want to have to always be looking out for a cop
well she smokes like a you know what! but with good tuning with a tow tune it dont smoke. now i tow on extreme all day on the flat. but put it on tow when i hit the hills. whats all the mods on the new truck
Old 05-14-2010, 04:50 AM

well the truck is completely stock extended cab long box 5 speed 110K miles Im buying it from the original owner of it. But I have some money saved up for mods and from tax returns.

But the plan is I wanna do stage 2s a D66 an adrenaline HPOP 3in down pipe upgrade the clutch with 6 Pos with wildman tunes intercooler and probly do my own fuel system. I want it to be a nice driver with decent power but mostly I want it for towing a lot more than my current truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.