One off OBS fuel system - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Rangers Lead The Way!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
One off OBS fuel system

Alright this idea has been kicking around the OBS chat for a few days. Im working on a fuel system for our trucks using well odds and ends here and there. My main influence is Bill (alberta 7.3)
My OBS fuel system

As well as an interesting idea from Brett (dirtydiesel)

Either way the idea is a 10 micron filter before the 6.0 pump. afterwards a 2 micron filter for final filtration. now keep in mind the 6.0 pump has a built in fuel water seperator so we are good there. now thats Bills half. Brett gave me the idea of running 4 pressure lines into the 4 ports in the head and have the regulator on the main feed line. Whereas Bills set up has 2 feed lines and 2 return lines with the regulator on the return side. Im looking for any imput people have on this cause we are worried about air pockets with the 4 feed line set up. but doesnt the stock system have a deadend fuel set up??? again feel free to throw anything out there as its just a brainstorming idea now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2010, 09:46 AM
shaking things up

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i found ya but we need to find a way to put a regulator in the middle of the heads somehow tie them together and run that back to the tank and still be able to feed from both ends
Old 04-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Rangers Lead The Way!

i see what your saying. My big thing is as the stock truck sits where does the air go if there is such? doesnt it just go through the injectors? keep in mind i dont even see how the system we are coming up with would have air in it cause that pump would kick on soon as the key is bumped forward to the run position. with that regulator it will keep constant pressure on the fuel lines after it
Old 04-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

internationals OEM setup pumps fuel through the filter/regualtor then through each head separatley, then pumps the return fuel back to the tank.

i'm gonna do some reading on it, since i have a week off and a garage full of international literature lol
Old 04-26-2010, 09:50 AM
shaking things up

yep and with an airdog or fass style pump that eliminates the air before it gets to the pump. how bout on a commonrail? where does that air go? that is a dead head system is it not??
Old 04-26-2010, 09:51 AM
shaking things up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowFlying7Three View Post
internationals OEM setup pumps fuel through the filter/regualtor then through each head separatley, then pumps the return fuel back to the tank.

i'm gonna do some reading on it, since i have a week off and a garage full of international literature lol
good plan you read and report back to us i am not a fan of reading
Old 04-26-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck15 View Post
i see what your saying. My big thing is as the stock truck sits where does the air go if there is such? doesnt it just go through the injectors? keep in mind i dont even see how the system we are coming up with would have air in it cause that pump would kick on soon as the key is bumped forward to the run position. with that regulator it will keep constant pressure on the fuel lines after it
you would need to bleed it if the system was opened up for any reason though
Old 04-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Rangers Lead The Way!

So ideally we would need to run an airdog on this 4 feed line set up vs a 6.0 pump on the 2 feed line set up. I wonder if there is anyway to purge the system. see id run the distribution block a little higher than the ports on the head so the air would collect there. wonder how it could be made to purge or just put a schrader valve there so if a problem does arise it can be bleed?
Old 04-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Rangers Lead The Way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowFlying7Three View Post
you would need to bleed it if the system was opened up for any reason though
yeah. so why not put a bleed valve in at the top port on either head. just on the fuel pressure regulator that our trucks have stock?? little bit of lowes plumbing and thats simple enough right? one per head??
Old 04-26-2010, 09:57 AM

i guess that may work, i have nothing stock to look at except the tank itself anymore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.