Valair Clutch? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 05:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Valair Clutch?

What do you guys think of the valair clutches? I'm looking at the 400hp one MNU70263(400HP / 900 ft lbs Trq)
Is this good for towing? Any noise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2010, 07:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to Clouse2411 Send a message via Yahoo to Clouse2411
What mods do you have done? That one would be for a stock truck. i just bought a ceramic/kevlar one last week. If I were you call Valair and order one straight from them. They also have a clutch selector on thier site. Valair Heavy Duty & Performance Clutches Dan is a very nice guy to deal with.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:14 AM

I bought the 400 hp and 850ft lb clutch for my old 93' dodge cummins I had with the NV4500 swap done to it, it was a good clutch, firm grip, no noises and pulled 10,000+ pounds great and was good. The only bad part was having to get the flywheel machined out to 7mm and not knowing intill I had everthing tore down an what not.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:54 PM

right now all i have is the 6637 intake. I'm planning on a downpipe, straightpipe exhaust, tuner for economy and towing, mabye stage 1 injectors and a turbo but I think i'll wait till my dream truck for those.

i mainly tow 10k or less with it. it's going to be retired soon to a farm truck for wagons and moving wood. I really liked the way the stock clutch felt but after 270k on it, it's starting to go a little
Old 04-20-2010, 03:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to Clouse2411 Send a message via Yahoo to Clouse2411
I would deffently step it up from an organic material clutch. I was advise to go overboard with my clutch and it should be plenty for what my truck has in store for it.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:16 PM

that does sound like the better way to go. I'm just doubtful I'll be able to afford anything better than organic right now
Old 06-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Serving Our Country!

i have the 500hp clutch and love it. lil grabby but hooks up great
Old 06-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had the stock-level clutch in my truck, when the trans exploded 30k after installing the clutch I called to find out if the wear level was normal or what original thickness is, and if I could get a new throwout. I told them it was worn down almost to the rivets, and that my truck was bone-stock aside from downpipe and exhaust. The guy wouldn't answer my question, instead he asked if I just needed a clutch disc & throwout or if I needed the pressure plate, throwout and thrust bearing. I said I needed all of it if it, he said how about $150 shipped with a non-organic disc... I didn't ask any more questions.

When the new disc got here the next day I compared the two; the old one was maybe at maybe 1/2 life, still plenty of good meat left (glad I replaced it while installed a new trans, though)

Pretty much all of the trucks use is towing 8-15k, I've never had any slip with either disc. The scrap car hauling business has slowed way down and I've probably only put 2k miles on it towing a 24kGVWR enclosed trailer not quite loaded to the max with the new clutch. I'll never put anything in any truck that's not a Valair; great product and excellent support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.