what is a exaust pressure control valve,NEED INFO GUYS!!!!1 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 05:21 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to harley1rocker Send a message via Skype™ to harley1rocker
what is a exaust pressure control valve,NEED INFO GUYS!!!!1

THROWING THAT CODE and i dont know were or what the hell that is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by harley1rocker View Post
THROWING THAT CODE and i dont know were or what the hell that is
EBPV (Exhaust Back Pressure Valve) Suppose to close to help the engine warm up faster. Most guys just delete them when they go bad. It won't hurt anything to have the code. You would have to replace the sensor and probably the tube (clogged with carbon) to fix the problem.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:34 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to harley1rocker Send a message via Skype™ to harley1rocker
im also gettin the intake air temp circuit high out put code,and i have got the 6637 napa mod..im also gettin the (internal control mod KAM error) would this make the truck miss fire,because im gettin a big miss fire man,ive replaced all the gasket harnesses and one of the injectors is sittin in there a lil crooked,
Old 03-28-2010, 05:39 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Quote:
im also gettin the intake air temp circuit high out put code,and i have got the 6637 napa mod..im also gettin the (internal control mod KAM error) would this make the truck miss fire,because im gettin a big miss fire man,ive replaced all the gasket harnesses and one of the injectors is sittin in there a lil crooked,
Any smoke with the miss? The air intake code shouldn't be causing it but not sure about the other code.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Banned

no smoke wat so ever,and its a auto trannie,when im ideling you can tell that its a miss and when going 35 mph it feels like your in 5th gear,i have to hit the OD button to get down in 3rd till i get up to speed so it will plane out
Old 03-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Quote:
no smoke wat so ever,and its a auto trannie,when im ideling you can tell that its a miss and when going 35 mph it feels like your in 5th gear,i have to hit the OD button to get down in 3rd till i get up to speed so it will plane out
A lot of times you have some smoke when there is a miss. Did you replace the harnesses under the valve covers and the valve cover gaskets? You might have to take it and have a cylinder contribution/buzz test to find out where the problem is.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Banned

yes i have replaced the harnesses,and only the glow plug (prong) of the harness was messed up,look,there is a injector sittin in there a lil **** eyed,well you can tell cuz its not straight up and down like the rest of em
Old 03-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Quote:
yes i have replaced the harnesses,and only the glow plug (prong) of the harness was messed up,look,there is a injector sittin in there a lil **** eyed,well you can tell cuz its not straight up and down like the rest of em
Sitting in there twisted or actually leaning different?
Old 03-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Banned

yes its sittin in there twisted,and alll the ones on the driver side are stock,except that one,previous owner musta replaced that one,i did feel it and its tight but i kno those things somtimes gotta be pried out,i didnt get down on it and really hard,you think i shud pop that sucker out? and whats the maintanace pocedure on these things? if i pop them all out and clean emm err replace o-rings and such wud that help,err is ther somthin i cud do to em when i have out?
Old 03-29-2010, 07:26 AM
Illiana Chapter Director

Quote:
yes its sittin in there twisted,and alll the ones on the driver side are stock,except that one,previous owner musta replaced that one,i did feel it and its tight but i kno those things somtimes gotta be pried out,i didnt get down on it and really hard,you think i shud pop that sucker out? and whats the maintanace pocedure on these things? if i pop them all out and clean emm err replace o-rings and such wud that help,err is ther somthin i cud do to em when i have out?
If it's not seated properly it could be causing an issue. Also, if the injector is a different code it won't run right. If you pull one you should pull all of them and replace the o-rings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.