im wanting to intercool my 95 obs..need parts. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 06:46 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
im wanting to intercool my 95 obs..need parts.

hi. I have a 95 F350 CCLB 4x4. Im wanting to intercool it. im running a Tymar intake and ordering an exhaust this weekend. does anyone have an ealry 99 sypder, 7.3 or 6.0 intercooler, 7.3 or 6.0 piping?, home made piping your willing to sell? im also considering changing my turbo and ped. to a 99.5-03 style turbo..does anyone have the parts to run an intercooler from that turbo up for grabs?
im also looking for gauge pod and gauges.
id like to find a hpop too.
help me out guys im new to this site. im 18, a ford guy, and just purchased my first diesel.
thanks, Logan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2010, 03:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Complete IC

Logan,

I have everything you are looking for:
e '99 spyder, 6.0 IC, pipes made for the cooler to spyder, 6.0 pipes also (got for the boots), all boots & clamps (correct clamps, not the worm gear from a hardware store)

This has not been installed in mine. I have changed direction I wanted to go in.

I am home for leave right now and will be heading back to Afghanistan in 2 weeks. Where are you located? I am not sure what shipping would be regarding the IC (pretty big), but, I don't see it being crazy. If you are interested, PM me and we can go from there.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Are your pipes off of a SD or are they made to fit an OBS?
Old 03-26-2010, 12:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Complete IC

The pipes are made to fit an OBS.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:54 PM

Check out the local junk yards too. I've found 2 sets of SD pipes, clamps, boots for 55.00 bucks total.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:00 PM

Is you truck having problems with EGT temps? Just my opinion but if your not having problems and are not planning to do anything extreme with the truck the I/C is NOT worth the PITA or money. I was having no temp problems with stage 1 inj. and decided to do this mod and regret it fully. I was so pissed I just gave up on trying to fit my A/C condensor lol and now thats something ill have to address soon. Just my thoughts. Most people had a better experience with it than I did and its because i started the project at 9:30 PM on a sunday with too much beer in me also knowing I needed the truck in the morning for work hahaha
Old 03-28-2010, 01:01 PM

If you do decide to do it though look up MattP's write-up. It saved me a lot of hassle and has every detail
Old 03-28-2010, 01:07 PM

yeah if you tow alot it would definately help or big mods in the future. yes , give yourself plenty of time when mounting the intercooler. it could take a good portion of your day up. the install isnt really that bad once you understand whats going on with it.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINSTER96 View Post
yeah if you tow alot it would definately help or big mods in the future. yes , give yourself plenty of time when mounting the intercooler. it could take a good portion of your day up. the install isnt really that bad once you understand whats going on with it.
Agreed. Its just a pain to cut the holes. I also had to create and weld a bracket to pull the driver side tubing over far enough to fit my intake and so it wouldnt hit the power steering pulley (like it did twice lol). I just made a bracket to connect to my alternator. Have pics if you run into this problem
Old 03-29-2010, 03:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I agree with all the above. I was planning on Stage 1's and towing a "Toy Hauler" (Camper with ability to put Harley in rear of it also). But, life's directions have changed again, so, no towing/vacationing for the near future. So, if someone else is needing an IC set-up, I would rather help someone out than it sitting in my shop until who knows when.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.