Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

CAT 3126 Injectors in 7.3??

91K views 142 replies 36 participants last post by  95dieselsmoke 
#1 ·
i used to work for cat and the injectors for the 3126 engine look to be the same as the ones in the 7.3. i know cat and international designed the heui injection system together. has anyone ever put the 3126 injectors in a 7.3? ive searched this online and i cant seem to find anything, just curious if they would fit.....

#96 ·
I assume the IDM I sent you is not in use...err you modded it?

*end hijack* :thumb:

#98 ·
No, you got me running. then I bought another IDM... traded one in and kept the modded one. The money that you wouldn't take, I donated it to a member who needed it.

I believe we are talking about the same thing. The only reason that ever happens now is because of tuning - if the fuel is held back at the lower RPMs you don't have the torque that rips the engine apart - but since "traditional" (for lack of a better term) injectors can't inject fuel fast enough to get enough fuel in the chamber during an acceptable injection duration (or even using the maximum duration of the FDCS signal) we have been forced to make the HP down low. But the newer crop of modified "faster" injectors are showing that doesn't have to be the case.

There are some very in depth threads over on PSN covering these topics - and honestly I feel like I am just regurgitating that information right now.

Exactly.

#100 ·
Good deal.

#102 ·
wow

WHO CARES,IM POOR AND MY TRUCK WAS BASICLY GIVEN TO ME,THE THING WAS NOT RUNNIN AND RUN INTO THE GROUND,I FIXED IT WITH THE BARE MINIMUM GUYS,I COME HERE TO GET TIPS CUZ I CANT AFFORD A MECHANIC,THE ONLY MODS I DO ARE CHEAP AND EASY TO DO,MY TRUCK IS MISSIN AS WE SPEAK AND THATS EITHER THE INJECTOR OR THE GASKET HARNESS IS BAD,300 CLAMS FOR A INJECTOR,70 SMACKERS FOR THE HARNESS IF THERE WAS A WAY TO JIGGY RIG IT I WUD,IF THEY WORK WHO CARES???LONG AS THERE CHEAP,

#103 ·
WHO CARES,IM POOR AND MY TRUCK WAS BASICLY GIVEN TO ME,THE THING WAS NOT RUNNIN AND RUN INTO THE GROUND,I FIXED IT WITH THE BARE MINIMUM GUYS,I COME HERE TO GET TIPS CUZ I CANT AFFORD A MECHANIC,THE ONLY MODS I DO ARE CHEAP AND EASY TO DO,MY TRUCK IS MISSIN AS WE SPEAK AND THATS EITHER THE INJECTOR OR THE GASKET HARNESS IS BAD,300 CLAMS FOR A INJECTOR,70 SMACKERS FOR THE HARNESS IF THERE WAS A WAY TO JIGGY RIG IT I WUD,IF THEY WORK WHO CARES???LONG AS THERE CHEAP,
I'm truly at a loss for words.

Sell the truck.

#105 ·
:doh:

This is gonna get closed at this rate.

#106 ·
thought there wasnt supposed to be no personal attacks there dirk digler???im poor,and dont need your sympathy,this is what they call "opinion"this is not faq its the forums...i think,and dang yall shud be proud of a man that polishes a turd like my ford,trust me dirky,it looks nice but its held together with rusty nails and black tape,a real death trap man

#109 ·
It's a financial option. If you can't afford to properly maintain something, sell it and get something that is within your budget.

The thread topic turned to a conversation about an element of 7.3 performance that the .org NEVER gets to see. Maybe 5% of the members here drop the kind of cash on the parts we are speaking about. It was well established MANY pages back that the CAT injectors are more expensive and in general, a poor choice.

I haven't personally attacked you, yet. But let it be known that you're barking up the wrong tree. Just by the tone and grammatical disarray of your post(s), I'm not your Huckleberry. I'm not calling you stupid, I'm just sayin'.

Seriously. Find someone else. I promise it will be much easier on you and frankly, you being an a$$ and trying to bait me out, isn't worth the ban.

#108 ·
well dirk

like i said im new to the diesel thing,all urr egts and pcms and edc and pipes delete i dont understand that lingo but i also dont cry bout it,

#110 ·
I'm done here. I really don't give a south end of a north bound rat if anyone learns anything at this point. I have no clue how the hell he was able to derail the thread, but if Jason/Luke/Jim still care, I suggest everyone listen to them.

Unsubscribed.

#123 ·
Lmao
Well at this time I'd like for ya'll to turn your attention the upper left corner of this post (screename) :doh:

I guess I got lost in the subject but it's great info if your like me and try to stumble through the daily "what if's" that occupie me mine:thumb:

#122 ·
After all this I just realized something..... the damn CAT solenoids don't actually say CAT on them.... LOL

#128 ·
well sumbitsh you could take a drimmel or scribe tool and fix that...i would put izuzu on em or somethin lol make it run like a duramax..jk i love these threads like this though dont let one or two dummies derail the whole thing..someone should take a pic of the two inj's side by side for comparison...
Swap out mounts, should drop in. PITA in my opinion.

#125 ·
well sumbitsh you could take a drimmel or scribe tool and fix that...i would put izuzu on em or somethin lol make it run like a duramax..jk i love these threads like this though dont let one or two dummies derail the whole thing..someone should take a pic of the two inj's side by side for comparison...

#127 ·
If the flats on the body are the same size, and in the same place, one could swap on the IH hold-downs (if this really was a performance swap.)

#138 ·
Interested.

#142 ·
On the issue of IH injectors in a CAT.
I have a customer I have been working with for a week or so that wants his CAT injectors rebuilt. I am having a devil of a time finding info on his exact injectors to be able to cross them to IH parts, or even get the correct CAT parts.
The only way I have found so far would be to personally measure and inspect his Plunger & Barrels to see what IH parts can be used. Then the nozzle is another issue. His injector numbers (like those seen in the pics above XXX-XXXX) don't cross with any of my charts.

This is why I gave up chasing these things years ago. There's no cut-and-dry answer to figure out what's what. There are NEW injector part numbers, REMAN injetor part numbers, ARRANGEMENT numbers, serial numbers, all of these need to match to be able to find anything...
:crazy:

#143 ·
Sounds like more of a pain in the *** than anything. I'm sticking with my rosewood built stage I's...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.