Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

95 turbo upgrade

18K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Dallas4x4 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I need your help on this one...
I've got 1995 7.3L powerstroke with the stock turbo on it. The old girl turned over 200K miles on me this past weekend. I need to know what turbo upgrade I need to go with to get as much power, pickup, and turbo noise as possible without sacrificing motor longevity. Also, how many miles can we normally get out of these 7.3 PS? The big old girl needs to last me quite a bit longer!

Thanks guys:icon_ford:

I use my truck for just about everything... The occassional road trip... The occasional trailer haul averaging 7,000 pounds and up, to the occasional race with a stock 240sx or other little cuties that think they're fast.... When it comes to money, that can be a bit of a problem but I've got about 1k to play around with... You got any brand names you like? I'm new to the whole turbo upgrading thing... I've always wanted to be able to pull up next to a subaru sti or a lancer evo mr and be able to smoke em for 0 to the speed limit and beyond.

#2 ·
It all depends on what you do with your truck, your hp goals and how much money you have to play with, cause these trucks arent cheap to upgrade

#3 ·
Just a turbo upgrade isn't going to do ya much until you get bigger injectors, a better oil pump, possibly electric fuel pump, intake and exhaust. You'll probably see some power but your injectors are limiting you as well...

#4 ·
agreed, you have to have supporting mods in order to build more power, youll than need a better transmission to hold that power

and mileage i wouldnt worry to much about, Mine just hit 340,xxx on it and it still runs great. And Ive seen them with over 500,000

#6 ·
FIY If you want more power on a diesel you add more fuel.
If you want more power on a gas engine you add more air. Both to a extent.

id look into a set of injectors. But if you want to go turbo first.... then

Probaly a D66 Turbo would be your best bet for bolt on performance Just a bit over $1k. Or H2E if you have a bit more money to spend .

But id get a set of larger injectors. They will be like driving a new faster truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.