where to go now? tuner and injectors? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
where to go now? tuner and injectors?

I have got the basic stuff done gauges (EGT, Trans temp, Boost) diy intake on and down pipe, still debating on the straight pipe or 4in after market.

right now I am in the market for a tuner and injectors maybe?. both big purchases.

I have pretty much decided on the DP tuner F6, but what should I do first get the tuner and then do injectors or do injectors first? everything says I wont get much gain from the tuner with out the injectors. but will i improve other things(ie. fuel mileage, trans shift points ect.) with the tuner well I save up for the injectors.

as for injectors. I have been looking at rosewood and the DIY kit. but I am worried that my injectors may be not good candidates. as far as I know they are original injectors. having 257*** miles on them. I have no record saying they have been replaced or anything from previous owner and he didn't say they had been. should I skip the diy kit and go with new ones b/c of the high mileage?

ultimately I would like to be able to take my truck to the local drag stip and be able to make some decent runs. not looking to go too crazy just but some ricers to shame with my monster crew cab lol and have a good time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would say do the straight pipe for now, they sound so damn good stock straight piped, I put 4" straight piped with 3" DP and its just not the same as the 3.5 straight piped with DP.
Next you have done all your basic mods to improve flow and be able to gauge whats going on your truck so to that.
I am at the same point you are, I don't know which to do first bc I don't have that much money. I would do the chip first and tune it to your truck so you can see what difference it does make over stock. Then when your ready do the injectors and get your tunes sent to you to put on your F-6 chip and then it will wake your truck up big time.
Logically speaking do them both at the same time thats what Im saving up to doo
Old 01-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

And I would send your injectors to RW so they can flow test them and make sure everything is ok for the extra 50 or 100 bucks they charge for that. Better safe than sorry I had a set on my old truck with 297k miles on them and sent them off and had stage 1s made out of them and the guy asked me how many miles were on them and when I told him he didn't believe me, he said he didn't have to replace anything but the stuff to make them stage 1's. It all depends on the oil used and how often you change it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.