Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

pos still wont start!!!!

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  maxwedgehead 
#1 ·
ok i need oppenions on why my truck just died like you turned the key off.no it didnot sputter or choke it just cut off.i have went threw 3 cps sensors checked all gounds cleaned the screen in the filter element cranked the truck over with the filter out and it is pumping fuel into the element went over as much wireing as i can see changed both the batterys. im a lil pissed at it and this is my last desparet outreach for help before i go blow all my money on expert help.

#2 ·
remove your chip, see if it starts. If it does then the problem is your chip. If it doesn't try and hook a scan tool to it. If it does not connect, your pcm maybe bad.

#4 ·
have you checked your IDM?

#5 ·
ok the tw chip i had in there made the truck not start awhile back so i took it out and put the bullydog back in and it started so takeing the chip out was the first thing i did no difference. i did hook a scaner to it and it said error but i thought if the pcm was bad the dashlights would act differnt.and the idm and pcm was my next thought can i pull them out and take them to ford to be tested?

#7 ·
yes it does and yes i have checked fuses and relays

#8 ·
but will ford test my computers if i take them to a dealer?

#10 ·
well damn if i did that i would just let them fix it. if the scan tool said err and the dash lights were acting normal could it still be the pcm or idm and how would i know which one?

#11 ·
where are you located? if someone is near you take you idm and pcm to them and see if their truck will start with your idm or pcm inplace of theirs :thumb: cheaper than the dealer

#12 ·
im in tennessee whats the possability of this being the problem?

#13 ·
if the scaner says err everytime is it forsure the pcm or could it be the idm?

#15 ·
ok well i dont want to go out and buy a new pcm and be wrong so i guess ill just load it up and take it somewhere

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.