4" Exhaust installed! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
4" Exhaust installed!

Found a reg cab f350 at the wrecker with a 4" DP back Exhaust with a nice Tip. Picked that up and got a Magnaflow muffler from a friend. WOW! Sounds great, and picked up 3psi of boost. Went from 16 at WOT to 19. Hope to find a DP soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2010, 01:34 PM

pics??? ive got 3"DP and 4" straight pipe with 5" tip and mine sounds great when you get on it. mine was mbrp, what brand is yours
Old 01-24-2010, 03:54 PM

I am not sure on the brand of the tailpipe or straight pipe. I think a muffler shop just used a straight 4" piece and added a pre-bent tailpipe and welded a Chrome rolled edge tip on it. I just added a Magnaflow muffler to complete it.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianjadkins View Post
I just added a Magnaflow muffler to complete it.
What did the magnaflow muff run you? Also, did you keep your cat around or did you run it off?

I am researching exhaust. I want to go with 4" straight but state inspection will force me to keep the cat on. I called a local shop and they wanted $100 to install any system I buy - sound reasonable?
Old 01-30-2010, 08:30 PM

A friend of mine had the Magnaflow muffler, I paid $83.00 Canadian. I got rid of the cat. I like the sound of a muffler in the diesels. Especially the v8's. I don't like that high rpm wrapping sound. I like the low sound from the muffler so I am loving it. Now my truck is missing badly so I have to fix that before I can really enjoy it.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:08 AM

[QUOTE=ianjadkins;1679956] I don't like that high rpm wrapping sound. I like the low sound from the muffler so I am loving it. QUOTE]

I like the low deep sound too. Did you notice any power difference or mostly sound? How much of a difference can you hear inside the cab?
Old 02-01-2010, 09:12 PM

I didn't notice much of a power difference. I think when I add a Downpipe that I may notice a slight increase but minimal. The exhaust is more of a supporting mod for chips/injectors/etc. In the cab there is a bit of a drone around 1400-2000 rpm. but I love the sound.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:10 AM

I have a 3' dp, and Magnaflow 4" dp back, without cat, and with muffler, and i love the sound, and definately notice the tone. I love it
Old 02-15-2010, 12:15 PM

I recieved my exhaust in the mail last thursday. I got it from Tymar - it is a 4" with a muffler and a 5" tip. The tip looks nice, rolled edges and is 12" in length - but 5" looks very large lying there on the table. I am nervous to see what it is going to look like on the truck. I had a great experience with Dale at Tymar - great CS, fast shipping, and best price!

Also, I guess I have never looked inside of a muffler off of one of our 7.3's but it sure looks like straight pipe to me. I can't wait to get it installed. I plan on doing it myself but if too much time passes before I can get to it I may have to pay somone to put it on for me - just because I can't wait any longer, it is killing me having it all there in the middle of my floor.

It has been snowing here so I put the entire system together inside right in the middle of the living room floor - my wife is ready to kill me. LMFAO
Old 02-15-2010, 12:43 PM

Don't worry about the tip looking too big, once you get it on you'll want bigger. Here is mine, 3" DP, 4" straight piped with 5" afe tip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.