superchips 1705 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
superchips 1705

superchips 1705..........so.....alot of people say this is garbage. Anyone think otherwise??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Electrical Ogre

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You will have a hard time finding anybody who will praise Superchips.
I have one that I only use as a code reader now. Had to send it back 3 times because it would "VIN lock" itself and I couldn't change my tuning.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Shade tree mechanic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm not a fan either...
Old 01-21-2010, 10:04 PM

I know 2 guys who had it... and it didn't ring their bell. One ended up using it for a code reader. They both said it didn't make the difference they were expecting at all. From there they started climing the ladder... Banks, Edge, Quadzilla, etc... I had a hypertech version of the superchips on my truck when i bought it (i didn't find this out til later) and the 30hp setting on my bullydog blows it away. The best way to know is experience / testimonies and what you are willing to spend. The dudes on here have all the experience and trial / error you need
Old 01-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have a superchips right know for some mpg, i took off a 40 hp edge and have been hating myself ever since. I'm going back to an edge tell i can get a dp-tuner. Try to stay away from superchips.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:42 AM
Emergency Services

It's fine if it is free. Don't run the "performance" tune though, it'll wreck your transmission in a hurry. Run it in one of the other settings if you plan on using it.

It will give you better throttle response and a little power, and also a little more fuel economy. It's fine if you don't have anything at all, and you don't have anything to compare it to.

I wouldn't spend over $40 for it.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

i dont know what the deal is with my 1705 on my 95. it is a totaly diffrent chip compared to my buddies 1705. i even put his chip on my truck and it was totaly diffrent. i bought a TS and i didnt like it so i went back to my 1705. now i got TW tunes, its good stuff. so i would say the 1705 is kinda unpredictable and it made my truck run kinda strange right after start up. just kinda depends on what your doin and what you got for a truck.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberta 7.3 View Post
You will have a hard time finding anybody who will praise Superchips.
I have one that I only use as a code reader now. Had to send it back 3 times because it would "VIN lock" itself and I couldn't change my tuning.
not to hijack but we have one of these superchips from our 05 cummins and its obd II and it is vin locked. would this work for scanning my truck or no?
Old 03-03-2010, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibenson View Post
It's fine if it is free. Don't run the "performance" tune though, it'll wreck your transmission in a hurry. Run it in one of the other settings if you plan on using it.

It will give you better throttle response and a little power, and also a little more fuel economy. It's fine if you don't have anything at all, and you don't have anything to compare it to.

I wouldn't spend over $40 for it.
would the 1705 explain why my o/d light flashes all the time? guess im gonna take that sh!t out asap and get a diff chip!
Old 03-03-2010, 02:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Wow I must be either the strange one out or Lucky!
I Love my SuperChip CORTEX Programer BUT there again its NOT A 1705. I run it with some other cost restrictive addons like that expensive 88mm Garrett Turbo. I have seen real life mpg gains and dramatic Torq increases HP I realy dont pay alot of attention to. I have played around and found that I can tell the programer that I have a 450 or 550 insted of my 350 during Advanced tuning and completely change the Torq Band and get every thing peaking from 1250 thru 4500 rpm oh ya it will eliminate the rev limits and turn off the warning lites. even disables that pesky Defuling issue every body hates at overboost. And even more interesting is when you tell it you have Bigger tires than you realy have! talk about fine tuning !!

Well if any of my fellow org'ers are ever in SE Indiana give me a call and I will be happy to take you for a ride that will Rock your world.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.