OBS Mod Help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OBS Mod Help

heres the deal... i am looking at buildin OBS PSD this summer. the truck i am buying is a 97 F350 RCLB currently with a 460 and E40D. i am wanting to build a 7.3l in the whereabouts of at least 700 rwhp with a ZF6 to replace the current setup. this truck will be a daily driver, tow rig, and plow truck. i will be custom making a turbo pedestal and up pipes to adapt a Garret GT42R turbo to the truck (want to run single turbo for sled pulling,) and thinking about having the heads machined to accept big block chevy valve springs. i am also wanting to do pushrod guide plates and rocker stud girdles (probably have to make my own) as well as steel roller rockers off a big block ford, chevy or dodge (which ever matches the ratio and dimentions if possible.) i will be fire ringing the heads as well as porting and polishing, and ARP studs. i want Mahle pistons and Crower Billet Rods (no luck finding yet.) also will be doing chromoly seamless push rods unless ya'all know of something better! i am looking at an Adrenaline HPOP and looking at Dominator B Code Injectors (capable of 500-800hp) from dpppower.com or possibly Stage 3 swamps from blackclouddiesel.com as far as chips or tuners, im definately thinking the TS 6 position.

questions:
-would it be beneficial to run a Airdog or Fass 150 system with the Adrenaline HPOP?
-what all will i need to swap the PSD in from the 460 (harness, ecm etc...)
-would the swamp stage 3 injectors be better for my application then the dominator b codes?
-would the ts 6 position chip be enough electronic tuning or do i need more?

please feel free to advise me anyway you can. if you know of any parts that would make my build easier or better suited for my application (other than the turbo) please feel free to let me know and PLEASE post a website where i can find these parts and prices. i need this thing to be reliable but yet a fun ride. thanks for all your help.

for those of you wondering why i dont just buy a OBS PSD off the get go instead of doing the swap, i am getting a smokin deal on the truck im getting. that and i cant seem to find another the same color or as nice

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2010, 01:42 PM
shaking things up

i would get a custom chip for sure!! you will not get the full potential unless you do
Old 01-09-2010, 01:43 PM
a truck

Well Ive never made 700hp so I cant give you specifics but you dont just want generic TS tuning, youll want good custom tuning, getting to that power level on a 7.3 is no easy feat either. your gonna want to look a little bigger than stage 3 injectors which Im guessing are 230cc hybrids as well. And I dont think an adrenaline HPOP will be nearly enough for what your wanting.

I know there are guys on here that have come close to hitting this or have and they can chime in with specifics but your gonna want to go a little bigger in your plans to get near 700.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:49 PM

where can i find a good custom tune??
Old 01-09-2010, 01:51 PM
a truck

What I would do if your wanting to do a build like this is stick with getting everything from one place, swamps, beans, etc. That way its easy to keep in contact, everything comes from one place and they can tune the setup for you as well, just a thought. Either of those would be a great option along with others
Old 01-09-2010, 01:53 PM

im asking all this from you guys cuz i used to build duramaxes and i know the powerstroke is a total different engine and dont know a whole lot about it. i wanted to switch to a Ford anyway cuz i love the OBS and i love the sound a the powerstrokes
Old 01-09-2010, 02:06 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What Matt said is a great idea for sure keeping it at one place. Dont forget to get a built trans.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to Cory S
you would save alot of money if you just put a 12v in it!
Old 01-09-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony V View Post
What Matt said is a great idea for sure keeping it at one place. Dont forget to get a built trans.
i will be running a ZF6 so all im worried about is the clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory S View Post
you would save alot of money if you just put a 12v in it!
i want a powerstroke, and not a fan of the 12v cummins... more a fan of the 24 valve. besides, everyone and their mother has a duramax or cummins, i want to show some people up with a powerstroke... long story and its personal with one duramax owner. its time someone builds a wicked powerstroke that can hang or possibly beat the other two and earn some respect. everyone picks on the powerstrokes
Old 01-09-2010, 02:12 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Im sorry I read that and it didnt click... Good luck on the build. there are a few other guys about to build a monster!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.