Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New Injectors

9K views 129 replies 17 participants last post by  Powersmokein 
#1 ·
A buddy of mine has a 2000, with stock injectors, and mine are stock. He wants to trade sticks. He's wanting to turn mine into hybrids, and give me his stockers. What do you guys think? And what all would I need in order to run these things? Would the truck run without a tuner on it, or should I have it tuned? I know I'll need to tune it in order to get the full potential out of them...

#5 ·
how much fuel can that 15* pump push out of them...

#3 ·
custom tuning

#6 ·
I agree^^^ they need to be tuned to run properly...just what I've heard. Dont know much about it personally.

#11 ·
No, his are the stock 140CC split shots, but he wants my single shots to rebuild into hybrids... its Jake btw :hehe:

#12 ·
Just search for a 17* High Pressure Oil Pump I guess?

#13 ·
Go to a junk yard and find a wrecked superduty. There is a few of them in the junk yard by my house. So im sure you could find one.

#17 ·
Well go find me one :hehe:

#15 ·
The cheapest one on eBay is $350 :doh:

#20 ·
I could have told you the answer to all of these tyler....

I think i did too, you don't believe me do you. :sad:

#21 ·
:hehe: I belive you buddy, just looking for other advice too :thumb:

#22 ·
if youre gonna buy a 17* pump for 350, just save some more bones and go with an adreanalin.

#23 ·
I dont wanna pay $350 for a 17* pump, how much is the adrenaline?

#26 ·
$600+ after shipping:crazy:

#28 ·
Another thought here. I wonder how the mechanical fuel pump in the OBS is gonna keep up with the 140cc splits. Should be similar to an OBS stage 1 but not real sure

#30 ·
Yeah, I was figuring they really are Stage 1's, so should I be concerned about the fuel pump?
yeah dave thats probably right. the 1's are 160cc and the ad's are 140cc. So they are pretty close.
^^^

#33 ·
Yeah I figured that, would the truck even run with them on stock tune?

#32 ·
Tuning is more important at this point if you do it

#35 ·
Thank god, mines only a year old too:thumb:

#38 ·
Ha ha this is comical. I have put several sets of stock AD's into these trucks for people. They will run fine on stock programming/single shot programming, granted they will have a bit less timing, and PW at idle that won't have them perfect but the truck will start and run fine.

Stock fuel pump might not be 100% up to the task of running them but most won't maintain good pressure on 160's with nozzles. As for the HPOP it won't be up to the task of maintaining ideal pressure with them in hotter programs. Split shot injectors use more HPO because of the split shot being built into them. Someone said it would hurt them, completely false, not having desired ICP to injectors won't harm them they just simply won't operate to their full potential. Starving them of fuel will damage them however

IMO it's NOT in your best intrest to trade AA's for AD's ever, maybe buying AD's outright to install for the gains is fine but if you ever want to go to Stage 1's/stage 2's then you are screwed on your cores. Pretty much you will be paying for single shot plunger and barrels whether you buy them from a vendor or do a DIY build. If that's the case you may as well go to hybrids

-Michael

#39 ·
Thanks for the input man, but how exactly is it not a good idea to trade my AA's? I can have the AD's built to Stage 1's, and thats as big as this truck will ever go, I don't need big power, I need it to haul chit and get me from point A to point B. Plus if I just get tuning with the AD's at stock size with a 17* pump, I'd still have a good bit of power than I do now.

#40 ·
Do you want stage 1 singles or splits? If you want singles(more desireable) then sending in split cores will cost you at least $500(haven't checked in a while) for a set of plungers and barrels to make them into singles

If you want Stage 1's then why not get them and have your buddy make the splits into hybrids?! It's going to cost the same for hybrid parts whether he has splits or singles.

-Michael

#41 ·
I kinda rather have splits, motor a bit quieter, so I can jam to more exhaust sound, and turbo sound :hehe:

#45 ·
yeah but it sounds like he is fine with the splits being his final upgrade, and he'd REALLY be helping out jake! if they swap set for set Jake is getting a great deal! He has a set of stage 1's for about 550!

#65 ·
Correct. At the very least stage 2's.

If your happy with it tyler do it for sure. You WILL notice a diff in power. you guys doing this soon?
Whenever we both have money, which might be a while. :doh:

Well I mean, his truck pulls pretty damn hard in Xtreme, and it smokes like a freaking freight train. So I figure since I dont have an IC, I won't get as MUCH power as I can, nor as much pull, the smoke will prolly get me a ticket, but its noticibly different, I'm def gonna do it.

I have to get a new HPOP first, and I should prolly get a new TC and valve body to start out with

Were planning for spring/summer when we can afford to do it with all parts at hand. Do you want to come drink beer and help us?
Not sure about the TC, but a VB, yes. They are easy to do too. I had mine done in 1.5 hours dickin around.

He must be lockin the TC in a high gear at very low speeds. if he's doing that. Sounds good tyler.
:nod:

holy crap thats why he can black out the road.. that cant be to good on the truck :rofl: bet we could have the injectors swaped in about 5 hours tops.
Its not bad on it, my tranny has never slipped doin it. I just get about 10 MPH, lock the converter and hammer down.:hehe:

5 hours is a long shot. Injectors are pretty easy.

It will make a good bit of difference Tyler. My 160's made a huge difference and smoke a good amount (think Jakes truck plus some). I can hit 40psi boost if I keep her to the floor, and it jumps to 30psi almost instantly.

Jake just wants hybrids so he can beat me :hehe: :poke
:nod:

yeah beer is a better way to think of things. lol Nick right? thats funny about him wanting to beat ya lol
Until you get so hammered you cant even get a socket on a bolt. :hehe:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.